man loses 400 pounds

cityboi

my mouth dropped to the floor when I saw the before and after. He lost 400 pounds by eating right and working with a fitness trainer. he was over 650 pounds and now hes fit. He was able to accomplish that in about 2 years. I will say I've been on a diet and have exercised every day since the beginning of April and I have lost over 30 pounds in 3 months. Eveyone that sees me comments on my weight loss. I was never fat but a little overweight. I have taken control of my weight and I have a lot more energy. So you can do it if you stick to a healthy lifestyle. Its all mental. The key to my weight loss is watching my daily calories, eat fat burning foods, stay away from sweets and fast food, exercise 30 minutes daily and DRINK WATER. You don't need to pay money for diet programs or drink those weight loss shakes.

http://www.thatsfit.com/2009/07/13/tlcs-65...from-fat-to-fit

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If everyone would control portions, eat on a regular schedule, drink plenty of water, and get regular exercise; American's would be much fitter.

I have been trying to do all this and have lost approx. 80 lbs. I pretty much keep my carb intake low, try to get no calories from beverages, eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day on a regular schedule, and try to get 30 minutes of cardio exercise in 3 to 5 times a week. Makes a BIG difference. I do allow myself a 'cheat' meal once per week (some folk bash me for this, but if you deny yourself completely you set yourself up to fail, IMO); my dietician is good with it and the longer I've been doing this I don't really blow it out on this meal as bad as I did at first.

Amazing this guy lost this much weight, hope he keeps it off!! :thumbsup:

The spirit is willing but the stomach and taste buds are weak. It's not that easy for me to do all those things. I wish I had better dna and that I was one of those people who are walking sticks and can eat 3x their weight and have nothing happen.

I think the biggest mistake people make when they try to lose weight is to not hardly eat anything at all. People think if they just eat one small meal a day for example and nothing else that will do the trick. The truth is you need food for energy and that energy burns fat. The key is like Suburban George said, eat smaller portions and lower your daily calories by the kinds of foods you eat. And you don't have to live off salads. But you do want to eat foods that increase your metabolism. And its true if you eat right you can every now and then cheat and eat what you want. Being overweight can lead to heart disease, diabetes and increase your risk of some cancers. Being obese can lead to death. But unfortunately some people cant control it because of DNA factors. Even in a situation like that its still important to lower daily calories and eat healthy.

• 1 month later...

I am so proud of myself! I lost another 7 pounds. I have lost a total of 50 pounds in the last 4 and a half months and I feel great! I was 264 pounds in early April now I'm at 214 :) The last time my weight was that low was when I was in college 12 years ago. My goal is between 195 and around 200 lbs. Once I drop to that I can start working on 6 pack abs ;) After losing 50 pounds like that, I can see how that man lost 400 pounds in two years. But like I said what has worked for me is 30 minutes (daily) on the treadmill and elliptical, including sit-ups. I lowered my calorie intake to about 1,200 calories a day, sometimes a little less, avoid sugar, fried/fast food and eat plenty of protein, fruits and vegetables. Breakfast for me is two scrambled eggs and a small grilled chicken breast. I usually eat a 6" sub (without mayo) from subway for lunch with a bannana. For dinner I'll eat something like grilled chicken or fish along with vegetables. But one of the most important things you can do is drink water. Water has no calories and it gives you energy to burn fat. I remember the days when I could eat a whole pepperoni pizza or a whole box of Rice Krispie Treats at one time. NO MORE! To me this is not just a diet, I have changed my eating habits so I can have a much healthier life. It was a wake up call when I started breathing heavy after walking up a short flight of stairs and when my blood pressure starting going up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived