Real Housewives of Atlanta

caribou9

I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet!

So what do you guys think?

I have read countless comments of people blabbing "they dont show the true atlanta housewive" "people will think we are ghetto" etc. but anyone in their right mind wouldn't think Atlanta is what they see on the show. I'm pretty sure there is dramatic people everywhere in America.

However, I do think it is ridiculous that Kim, NeNe, and Lisa live in Duluth. Sure that is an affluent area but it is NOT Atlanta. I think Sheree lives ITP though. I don't get why they couldn't find any housewives in Buckhead or maybe even like Virginia Highlands/Midtown. I know the true class buckhead women would never do that show but still.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's just it: no one else wanted to do the show. Still, it would have been nice for them to have found women in Atlanta proper.

And, why is "ghetto" so often the word used to describe presumably unappealing behavior in specifically Black people? Most of the Atlanta Housewives seem like decent women. They just appear simple and/or uneducated at times. (Kim, however, seems quite thick.) In that regard, they are no different from any of the other Housewives.

Archived