UP tourist bureau

Veloise

Happened again. (I had lots of fun with the UCC folk two weeks ago, and the piano tuners this weekend.)

Today: an older woman taking a photo of younger one with two boys by a flower bed at the veterans memorial park. I put on the brakes, said, "give me the camera, grandma."

She said she's from Kentucky and visiting her daughter and grandsons, who live in Kalamazoo. They came here to have fun.

Said they'd eaten at One Trick Pony and were on their way to the Children's Museum. I said walk down this diagonal street, then turn left and go across the river. The Public Museum is there, you'll see the carousel. "It has a space capsule out front," thinking that the boys were a little old for the CM. "And across the street is Gerald Ford's muesum. It has an astronaut." (Remember what today is?)

Grandma said, "that's a lot! We'll have to spend another day here!"

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived