Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RenZone

Spearia's new HQ

15 posts in this topic

Emerging Belmont-based web design and marketing firm Spearia is spending nearly $500k to remodel a 1923 building on West River Drive in downtown Comstock Park.

They're moving HQ to first floor (4k SF) and then creating a shared space environment on 2nd floor (4k SF) for creative companies and entrepreneurs to work from.

Check out the video of their new place here:

Led by former motocross superstar Danny Beckett, this emerging firm is going to host a MAJOR party to celebrate their big move later this fall (late Sept, I think)

Let me help you there RenZone. :) I really like the design.

Assuming I've located the right building, it's built right over a tributary creek/river to the Grand River (as can be seen in the SketchUp animation). I've never noticed that when I was in the area.

Even though the building is from the 20s, the remodel comes with no loss of character; it looks to have already lost whatever it may have had to a 60-70 modernization.

Assuming I've located the right building, it's built right over a tributary creek/river to the Grand River (as can be seen in the SketchUp animation). I've never noticed that when I was in the area.

Even though the building is from the 20s, the remodel comes with no loss of character; it looks to have already lost whatever it may have had to a 60-70 modernization.

I believe their big event in September, called ComStock, will feature X Game Motocross riders. Should be pretty sweet!

Cornstalk has a DT? KIAS!

Knots Indicated Air Speed? Can't find this one on teh Google. :blink:

and geez, someone have something against small towns?

Yeah, Comstock Park actually has a downtown, with historic buildings. In fact, across from Spearia, Greg Gilmore is still working away on the old Nick Fink's.

and geez, someone have something against small towns?

Despite my unceremonious termination as a planning commissioner, I've been quietly pushing Plainfield Township to pursue a Form Based Code for the Comstock Park DDA area. This project fits very nicely into that picture. I am hopeful that this comes to fruition.

I believe their big event in September, called ComStock, will feature X Game Motocross riders. Should be pretty sweet!

Yes, it is ComStock... http://www.comstock09.com

I'm a designer/front-end developer for Spearia, and we're all super excited for not only the move to a much bigger and exciting space, but also the big event, ComStock, happening September 26th!

Glad to see some information about the new building and the event being pushed out there. Hope some of you can make it out!

tickets go on sale through the website this Friday, August 14. Adults $8 and Kids 13 and under $4. The day of the event tickets are Adults $10 and Kids under 13 will be $5. So get your tickets now and save some money!