Spearia's new HQ

RenZone

Emerging Belmont-based web design and marketing firm Spearia is spending nearly $500k to remodel a 1923 building on West River Drive in downtown Comstock Park.

They're moving HQ to first floor (4k SF) and then creating a shared space environment on 2nd floor (4k SF) for creative companies and entrepreneurs to work from.

Check out the video of their new place here:

Led by former motocross superstar Danny Beckett, this emerging firm is going to host a MAJOR party to celebrate their big move later this fall (late Sept, I think)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming I've located the right building, it's built right over a tributary creek/river to the Grand River (as can be seen in the SketchUp animation). I've never noticed that when I was in the area.

Even though the building is from the 20s, the remodel comes with no loss of character; it looks to have already lost whatever it may have had to a 60-70 modernization.

Assuming I've located the right building, it's built right over a tributary creek/river to the Grand River (as can be seen in the SketchUp animation). I've never noticed that when I was in the area.

Even though the building is from the 20s, the remodel comes with no loss of character; it looks to have already lost whatever it may have had to a 60-70 modernization.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite my unceremonious termination as a planning commissioner, I've been quietly pushing Plainfield Township to pursue a Form Based Code for the Comstock Park DDA area. This project fits very nicely into that picture. I am hopeful that this comes to fruition.

Yes, it is ComStock... http://www.comstock09.com

I'm a designer/front-end developer for Spearia, and we're all super excited for not only the move to a much bigger and exciting space, but also the big event, ComStock, happening September 26th!

Glad to see some information about the new building and the event being pushed out there. Hope some of you can make it out!

• 1 month later...

Archived