Sycamore at Greenway

atlrvr

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

City Council are to vote tonight on the developer's request for the 20 story tower. Apparently there is still some neighborhood opposition which bothers me.

Frankly I think that if you live in Uptown you have agreed to live in a dense urban core with tall buildings. The only exception I make is for historic area of Fourth Ward... and on that note, if the Fourth Ward can get a 50 story tower at the base of the historic district, I don't see where the Third Ward can argue against a 20 story tower next to a highway.

Bravo for this:

But most council members said they favored the continued urbanization of the area. They said the developers worked to integrate the buildings with the area, including the Irwin Creek greenway. "If we want to develop the inner city, the inner core, this would be a good anchor to that," said Republican council member Andy Dulin.

Archived