Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fotoman311

City owned wind turbines?

7 posts in this topic

The city of GR has announced it is looking at the feasibility of building some large scale wind turbines on the land is owns around the Lake Michigan pumping station. The power would be used to run the pumps that bring water to GR and would work towards the city's goal of using 100% renewable energy by 2020.

http://www.grbj.com/GRBJ/ArticleArchive/20...KING%20NEWS.htm

The city of GR has announced it is looking at the feasibility of building some large scale wind turbines on the land is owns around the Lake Michigan pumping station. The power would be used to run the pumps that bring water to GR and would work towards the cities goal of using 100% renewable energy be 2020. ...

I have seen a number of wind turbine blades on semis heading west on I-96 while driving from Lansing. Does anybody know their destination. Is there a wind farm being erected somewhere on the West side.

Several additional turbines are being constructed at the wind farm in McBain, MI. The turbine pieces you're seeing may be heading that way via US131.

I have seen a number of wind turbine blades on semis heading west on I-96 while driving from Lansing. Does anybody know their destination. Is there a wind farm being erected somewhere on the West side.