Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skirby

Riverfront Park

11 posts in this topic

Work has stopped on the improvements at the foot of the Junction Bridge(La Petite Roche plaza). Instead the city has moved to the west and has started work on a new sculpture garden. Seven new sculptures will be included in the new garden. Work is hoped to be finished for the upcoming Sculpture at the River Market show and sale October 16-18,2009.

p1050707.jpg

Work has stopped on the improvements at the foot of the Junction Bridge(La Petite Roche plaza). Instead the city has moved to the west and has started work on a new sculpture garden. Seven new sculptures will be included in the new garden. Work is hoped to be finished for the upcoming Sculpture at the River Market show and sale October 16-18,2009.

The Democrat/Gazette reported that work on The Rock project was halted after excavation dug into what proved to be a brown field area.

The Democrat/Gazette reported that work on The Rock project was halted after excavation dug into what proved to be a brown field area.

The area has been cleaned up but it is not a brownfield. This area was to be finished around this time but has not. The city had a choice to finish it or work on the new sculpture garden. I would guess they think as long as the area around The Rock is finished by next year's Riverfest everything will be ok. My information came from a worker from the Parks Department yesterday.

This was the area before work began.

p1050036.jpg

The area has been cleaned up but it is not a brownfield.

Brownfield was a poor choice of words by me. What was found was a high level of lead in a confined area.

Work continues on the walkway under the south entrance of the Junction Bridge. Looks like a good deal of work to be done if it is to be finished by Riverfest.

p1080111.jpg

p1080108.jpg

p1080106.jpg

Work continues at the base of the Junction Bridge.

p1080269.jpg

p1080271.jpg

p1080275w.jpg

The following picture shows the "Little Rock". This piece was moved from City Hall where it has been on display for many years. It is the rock standing upright to the left of the tree.

p1080279a.jpg

Work is complete at the foot of the Junction Bridge.

dsc00173ov.jpg

What is left of the "Little Rock".

dsc00178nt.jpg

dsc00180m.jpg

dsc00181ni.jpg

dsc00184a.jpg

dsc00185f.jpg

dsc00186ve.jpg

New addition at the Nature Center.

I've got to say I've been impressed with the sculptures that Little Rock has. That's one thing lacking in my area. And what few there are, I just haven't found particularly appealing.