GRDadof3

Events Kiosk

408 posts in this topic

Heritage Hill has its annual yard sale this Saturday, May 20th.

I'm going to the Griffins playoff hockey game on Saturday night at the VAA. It's at 7. Any cool events going on downtown before or after the game to check out?

Contra dancing! Friday evening, May 19, at the Park Twp Hall at Ottawa County Fairgrounds in Holland.

Starts 7:30 pm, with a newcomer session just beforehand. Bring a treat to share and a water bottle.

http://home.earthlink.net/~hollandcontra/hollandcontra.htm

(I just got tapped to call because the regular prmpter has throat problems this month.)

Contra dancing! Friday evening, May 19, at the Park Twp Hall at Ottawa County Fairgrounds in Holland.

Starts 7:30 pm, with a newcomer session just beforehand. Bring a treat to share and a water bottle.

http://home.earthlink.net/~hollandcontra/hollandcontra.htm

(I just got tapped to call because the regular prmpter has throat problems this month.)

Heh every time someone mentions contra dancing this:

e7495a00a8.jpg

pops into my head, and how much of a great game that was, then I think man, if someones dancing is related to this, how friggin awesome would that be???

*sob* I miss my genesis.

Well it is a Kiosk:

If anyones got a Sega Genesis collecting dust, theres one interested buyer ;)

Edited by snoogit

I have a Genesis (original design), but it's definately not collecting any dust at all =p

It's proudly displayed right next to my Dreamcast, too =D (And a PS2.. but that's behind the others)

Hey all- don't forget the Avenue for the Arts Market, starting soon- June 10th is our first date.

Formerly known as the Ionia Street Artists Market we are moving up to Heartisde's Avenue for the Arts- the setting is more appropriate for our goal of an authentic, urban street market that brings together the best in local business, art and music in a hip, festive atmosphere!!

Artists of all types are invited to participate- we prefer pre-registration but day-of is o.k. as well.

For a full schedule of events, or for more information please contact Jenn Schaub at 855.0435 or [email protected]

Sounds cool, I'm going to send an email and see if I can share the wonders of Trance music with everyone =]

Grand Rapids Planning Commission Meeting

Thursday, May 25th - 12:00 PM (go on your lunch hour)

1120 Monroe Ave NW - Development Center (just North of Autodie if you know where that is in the Monroe North area)

This week's agenda

Hey all- don't forget the Avenue for the Arts Market, starting soon- June 10th is our first date.

Formerly known as the Ionia Street Artists Market we are moving up to Heartisde's Avenue for the Arts- the setting is more appropriate for our goal of an authentic, urban street market that brings together the best in local business, art and music in a hip, festive atmosphere!!

Artists of all types are invited to participate- we prefer pre-registration but day-of is o.k. as well.

For a full schedule of events, or for more information please contact Jenn Schaub at 855.0435 or [email protected]

More details on the changes here:

Art market gets makeover

What exactly will the music being spinned be? More top 40? Maybe rap.. house.... or *gasp* Trance? (IMHO Trance would be best for this sort of thing.. probably classic trance)

And in other news, I'll most likely be contributing a flyer of my own to this topic sometime on Saturday =D

sfe.gif

Fluffy-

What time does the actual fashion show portion of the night take place?

Fluffy-

What time does the actual fashion show portion of the night take place?

I went to something like that in Berlin, and boy was it lame!!!!! We were with a very large group (people from all over the world) and we had NO idea what was going on, it reminded me of zoolander, at the beginning one guy from our group was standing there and got BULLDOZED into a cigarette "dumpster" and wiped out.... it was hilarious :yahoo:

Zoolander%20frt.jpg

flyer060706.jpg

It's my first scheduled DJing event =D

If you're a fan of trance, or just wish to see more variety in music in the area, feel free to support me by stopping in and having fun =D Unfortunately there is 1 downside: alcoholic beverages aren't officially supported at this event.

sorry everybody, i was gone all weekend.

there will be a bit of dance played along with tp 40.

i'm guessing the fashion show will start at 9.

i have to be there at 7, so i'm guessing the usual time of 9.

Obviously Festival of the Arts needs no introduction. It begins Friday, June 2 at noon and runs through Sunday until about 7. Looks like the weather's going to be great. Any fellow UP'ers going?

Edited by dbrok

I might be there around the tail end of Sunday. But isn't this the first weekend of every month for the whole summer? Or am I thinking of something different..

I might be there around the tail end of Sunday. But isn't this the first weekend of every month for the whole summer? Or am I thinking of something different..

Festival is the first weekend of June. Miss it and come back next June!