Events Kiosk

Meijer Gardens has released their summer concert series lineup. Seems like there are more this year than the last couple years, which is an awesome sign!

http://www.meijergardens.org/calendar/summ...rt_schedule.php

I'm particularly excited about Cake. :)

I've heard that some of them in the past have sold out during the early membership period, before they were available to the public. Anyone know if that is true?

Edited by fotoman311

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to overstep any boundaries here, and double mention something, but today April 14 at 4 p.m, there will be a ground breaking ceremony at 1015 Wealthy. After that we will be buying a round of "Flaming Cheetahs" or Michigan beers for those who attend. Chef Cory will also be serving some soup. Please come and celebrate with us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pedal GR - A biweekly bicycle ride exploring Grand Rapids

Come and join me on a new bicycle ride I am starting. The first ride is this Wednesday, May 14th, leaving at 6:15p from Founder's Brewing Company, 235 Grandville Ave SW. The ride will continue on alternating Wednesdays after that (May 28th, June 11th, etc)

Bicyclists of all skill levels are encouraged to attend. Think you're too slow? This ride is meant to see stuff, so we'll be riding slow on purpose. Maps and cue sheets (with all the turns) will be provided and no one will be left behind.

Think 19 miles sounds like a long ways? Well, it will fly by when you're riding with a group and seeing interesting places you haven't been before. And when you're tired at the end, you can go into Founder's and have a delicious cold beer.

Here's a link to the Google Map for the ride:

http://tinyurl.com/6787wc

Here's an excerpt from the ride blog, http://amyandjosh.net/pedalgr/ .

"Need to Know:

* There are three decent uphill sections

* There will be brick roads, so be prepared if you

• 3 weeks later...

I'd go but I work tonight. Looks like most of the future ones conflict with Blues on the Mall.

Yep, afraid so, since BotM is every Wednesday. Yah just can't win scheduling something on any specific night of the week though. There's always something going on for some people. Perhaps one of the rides will go up Monroe Center and leave 10 or 15 minutes extra time for viewing the show.

Had ~15 people turn out for the ride tonight. It was great company and beautiful weather. I'll get a ride report up on the website ( http://www.pedalgr.com )tomorrow. We also got a great mini-tour and talk at Newberry Place courtesy of bwindi25. Thanks Steve!

Edited by fotoman311

This invite came via Facebook. If you're on Facebook, it would probably help them if you'd RSVP there (it's an open event).

Host: PATE Interactive LLC, Eastern Floral, DeVries Properties

Date: Saturday, June 14, 2008

Time: 7:00pm - 11:00pm

Location: Kindel Furniture Factory (The new home of Eastern Floral)

818 Butterworth Ave. SW, Grand Rapids, MI

Email: [email protected]

What is ACTIVESITE?

ACTIVESITE is an exhibition of sculpture, with the objective of providing a catalyst for collaboration between the Art, Business, and Development communities of Grand Rapids; as a way of creating unique exhibition and promotional opportunities.

By utilizing facilities that are not fully developed, an opportunity exists to exhibit artwork in a more raw environment; as the Artists get a legitimate opportunity to exhibit their sculpture, and the Developer gets a great opportunity to showcase their facility.

So in short, that is the essence of ACTIVESITE

This Wednesday! 6:30 @ Founder's Brewing Co.

2521664335_ebea9aeb07.jpg

We will be getting a whirlwind tour of the farm and garden at Blandford Nature Center, then visiting the viewing tower at the wetland.

Also will be stopping at the downtown overlook on Sunset Ave. And of course you can stay for post-ride beer and munchies.

The map, cuesheet, and more details can be found at http://www.pedalgr.com

You can also add yourself to the email list and receive the new PedalGR map for the next ride when it becomes available. Just enter your email on the upper right of the blog.

This is a fun and easy way to get yourself out on your bike, see cool stuff, and meet some people!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This Wednesday! 6:30 @ Founder's Brewing Co.

2521664335_ebea9aeb07.jpg

This morning I had an interview with Barnaby on W-Lite, FM 95.7, promoting PedalGR. That was pretty fun and I hope it will turn out a few new folks. I know a few of you UPers ride bicycles too. You planning to make it this week Paul? :)

We will be repeating the first PedalGR ride from 5/14 with a few changes. There were only 4 people at that first ride for a route that sees a lot of my favorite places in GR. I hope to have a larger turnout this time.

Google map and more details can be found at http://www.pedalgr.com. Downloadable map and cuesheet will be available tomorrow. They are also provided at the beginning of the ride.

Add yourself to the email list and receive the new PedalGR map for the next ride when it becomes available. Just enter your email on the upper right of the blog.

This is a fun and easy way to get yourself out on your bike, see cool stuff, and meet some people!

Edited by fotoman311

Heritage Theatre Group presents "Agnes of God"; opening Thursday, July 17 and plays Friday, July 18 and Saturday, July 19. It will play again the next week on Thursday July 24, Friday, July 25, and final performance will be Saturday, July 26. All curtain times are 8:00 p.m. "Agnes of God" will be performed in Spectrum Theatre's Black Box space upstairs. Call the Box Office at 234-3946 to reserve your seats!

Heritage Theatre Group is proud to be a member of Local First.

Pedal GR - A biweekly bicycle ride exploring Grand Rapids

Next PedalGR ride is fast approaching this Wednesday. I'll be discussing that ride, and many other local cycling related things, in an interview with Shelley Irwin on The Morning Show on WGVU 88.5 FM and 1480 AM tomorrow morning at 9:35. Tune in if you can.

Here's a link to the ride route:

http://amyandjosh.net/pedalgr/2008/07/17/72308-pedalgr-ride/

I'm really excited about this week's route. There's a ton of great stuff to see, including a relaxing ride along the river, the I-196 pedestrian tunnel, Millennium Park, and a tour of the Versluis Orchards with Nate Versluis of the Founders Ales Racing Team.

Remember, this ride is for ALL skill levels, and no one is left behind. I repeat, if you are an inexperienced cyclist, we will work to make you feel welcome and comfortable in a great group setting. And there's cold beer (water and soft drinks, too) inside at Founders after the ride!

Edited by fotoman311