Events Kiosk

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of any decent lectures or speakers coming up in the next week or two? My fiance needs to go to one for her speech class and we can't find anything to go to (I know about the one last night, but she had to work)

Check On the Town - their "books" section usually has a bunch of free speakers/lectures. Different dates and topics.

These are always fun events to go to at the UICA & at Tanglefoot Studio.

If you're into art/gallery openings, these events are for you. I highly suggest them.

artbattle06.jpg

On the same night, Tanglefoot Studio is hosting their annual:

Sweet Sixteen Studio Sale

Premiering our NEW 4th floor studio!

(please use freight elevator on the north side of building)

Friday

November 17 from 5-9pm

Saturday & Sunday

November 18 & 19 from 12-5pm

Tanglefoot Studio

314 Straight Street SW Door K

(between West Fulton and Wealthy)

Grand Rapids, MI

Edited by GRGridGirl

Here is information for a speaker this Friday:

The Latest Trends in Community Economic Development, Friday, November 17, from noon to 2:00 p.m., Dr. Zenia Kotval, MSU Urban and Regional Planning professor, will present on the latest trends in Community Economic Development. She will focus on revitalization strategies for neighborhood commercial districts. Significant time is planned for in-depth discussion and questions. Open to the public.

United Growth for Kent County

775 Ball Ave NE

Grand Rapids, MI 49503

This is a brown bag lunch presentation and I believe the cost is $5.

For those of you who would like to get more invloved in neighborhood business districts, here is an event for you:

"Each November, business owners and residents in the city of Grand Rapids have the opportunity to honor their business neighbors with nominations for the Neighborhood Business Alliance Awards. These awards are a special way of thanking and recognizing Grand Rapids

Edited by GRGridGirl

Here is information for a speaker this Friday:

The Latest Trends in Community Economic Development, Friday, November 17, from noon to 2:00 p.m., Dr. Zenia Kotval, MSU Urban and Regional Planning professor, will present on the latest trends in Community Economic Development. She will focus on revitalization strategies for neighborhood commercial districts. Significant time is planned for in-depth discussion and questions. Open to the public.

United Growth for Kent County

775 Ball Ave NE

Grand Rapids, MI 49503

This is a brown bag lunch presentation and I believe the cost is $5.

Do you need a reservation for this?

I just updated my flier to reflect a new date for my dj'ing: November 9th. Was the 2nd, but I've postponed it a week, and here's why:

On Dec. 2nd, DJ Dan will be at the Intersection. Last month DJ Dan was voted top House DJ in the world by DJ Magazine (the DJ Mag awards are extremely prestigious within the EDM/DJ Scene, and create a lot of international attention). Out of all DJs in the world, he ranked 5th, between legends Tiesto and Armin van Buuren, and Sasha & Digweed.

I've never heard of him before the latest DJ Mag results, but from what I've heard, he puts on a hell of a show.

I just updated my flier to reflect a new date for my dj'ing: November 9th. Was the 2nd, but I've postponed it a week, and here's why:

On Dec. 2nd, DJ Dan will be at the Intersection. Last month DJ Dan was voted top House DJ in the world by DJ Magazine (the DJ Mag awards are extremely prestigious within the EDM/DJ Scene, and create a lot of international attention). Out of all DJs in the world, he ranked 5th, between legends Tiesto and Armin van Buuren, and Sasha & Digweed.

I've never heard of him before the latest DJ Mag results, but from what I've heard, he puts on a hell of a show.

Is he a local guy or just touring in GR.

The Kent County Agricultural Preservation Board is sponsoring a dinner presentation on the

"Status of the Kent County Purchase of Development Rights Program"

Thursday, December 7, 2006 5:45 - 7:00 p.m. Grattan Township Hall

(12050 Old Belding Rd / M44 Belding MI 48809)

This event is being held to update the public on: preserved farms, the status of PDR applications, funding and more!

Registration and payment before December 1 is $12 per person or $30 per family. A portion of the registration fee will be contributed to the Kent County PDR Program. Dinner catered by Heffron Farms.

Please find more information on the attached flyer and registration form [sorry, doesn't come through on e-mail!]. Open to the public.

Kendra Wills, AICP, Land Use Educator, Kent / MSU Extension

Email: [email protected]

Wyoming Park Theater Company is staging the classic Dickens novel "A Christmas Carol" at the Dan Heitzleman Fine Arts Center November 30, December 1, & December 2, 2006. If you haven't heard of the Wyoming Park Theater Company, I highly suggest you check them out. They are one of the very select few student-run drama "companies" in the Grand Rapids area that actually stage various plays professionally as big companies do, and they frequently fill the entire house for a performance on every night (for example, Don Quixote, the famous book by Cervantes, was staged by them last year and on all three nights, they sold out and eventually had to turn away people who arrived late).

http://www.teenelement.net/theater

Birthday contra dance party:

http://home.earthlink.net/~karencontracall...e2.htm#birthday

This is also a benefit for Elves & More of West Michigan (which assembles & distributes brand-new bicycles for disadvantaged children).

Yep, Lansing is not right next door, but it'll be a good time.

[guys, quit staring at my hoops!]

DJ Kares will be in town Thursday at the Galewood Tavern. I think she's from Boston, but she tore up the dance floor last month when opening for DJ Icey... this woman bring a lot of energy out in her sets. No nose-in-the-decks eyes focused on the turntables here. She spind primarily House and Trance with a Funky atmosphere. It'll be one hell of a show.

Urban Lights Event at Avenue of the Arts, 100 block S. Division.

Tonight, 6 - 11 pm.

Visit Studio 71 South, Capsule Living Studio, Sanctuary Folk Art, Heartside Gallery, Gallery Ogi, Kelly Sweet Photography, and others. Avenue for the Arts live/work apartments will also be open, including the recently finished Kelsey Building. Art, jewerly, and other handmade gifts will be on sale. There will be live entertainment throughout the night.