Events Kiosk

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRNow always keeps a pretty comprehensive lists of upcoming events with links.

http://events.grnow.com/events/

The Meijer Gardens has the Butterflies are Blooming, which we're probably going to do this weekend. They also have the work of Patrick Dougherty going on right now. It's supposed to warm up a bit this weekend (no not Florida warm), but you might be able to get out into the gardens and stroll around.

Thanks, GRDad. Here's a list of St. Patrick's Day events around Grand Rapids and West Michigan.

• 2 weeks later...

The Creston Corridor Initiative final study is being presented for the first and last time tonight. The presentation will take place at the Elementary School Gymnasium @ 309 Palmer St NE. There should be alot of people there, so get there early if you want a seat up front

City of Grand Rapids 2007 Auction

Come help restore municipal funding, and take a gamble on some of the fine items offered by Our Fair City. No gaming license required, everyone's a winner!

The City of Grand Rapids' Annual Spring Auction will be held Saturday, April 21, 2007. A public auction of bicycles and other items will be held at the Grand Rapids Public Service Center, located at 265 Market Avenue SW. You may inspect the items to be sold at 8:00AM on Saturday (day of sale) only. The sale will begin at 9:00AM Saturday.

http://www.ci.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?binobjid=4895

If you are looking for a cheap good ride, this is the place. (I'll be there, feel free to ask for advice.)

• 3 weeks later...

thought this event notice posting should be in here...

You are all invited to participate in the 24 Hour Film Festival!

Write, shoot, and edit a 5 minute short film in 24 hours and compete for a $1000 cash first place award. (www.compassacademy.org/24hourfilmfestival.htm)

Festival kick-off: Friday April 20, 2007 at

Compass Film Academy

560 Fifth St. NW Suite 110

Grand Rapids, MI 49504

Screening and Live Judging: Friday, April 27, 2007 The Top 10 films will be Screened and judged live by a panel of guest judges at Studio 28, Theater One. The screening is open to the public so if you decide not to make a film you should still come to the screening. Tickets are $5 and that includes a pop and popcorn!

Reminder: it's tomorrow morning.

City of Grand Rapids 2007 Auction

Come help restore municipal funding, and take a gamble on some of the fine items offered by Our Fair City. No gaming license required, everyone's a winner!

The City of Grand Rapids' Annual Spring Auction will be held Saturday, April 21, 2007. A public auction of bicycles and other items will be held at the Grand Rapids Public Service Center, located at 265 Market Avenue SW. You may inspect the items to be sold at 8:00AM on Saturday (day of sale) only. The sale will begin at 9:00AM Saturday.

http://www.ci.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?binobjid=4895

If you are looking for a cheap good ride, this is the place. (I'll be there, feel free to ask for advice.)

If you need me, look for bicycle earrings!

• 2 weeks later...

Four Friends Gallery: new installation Monday evening. Photos of urbanity, cityscapes. Probaly very well coordinated with the space; he's here measuring the walls.

Terry Johnston Photography & Design

Terry's a good friend and makes absolutely fabulous photos, I highly recommend stopping by to check it out :)

I started a Grand Rapids Scooter Meetup. If anyone is interested go here and sign up. The first meet will be Monday, June 4. Where? Don't know yet. The day is tentative as well. So far its just me and in the spirit of democracy I'll wait a bit for others input.

Edited by krylonics

Artist's Open House

Shop for unique handmade gifts and original artwork in a beautiful Heritage Hill Home. (Great for those last minute Mother's Day gifts!)

Friday, May 11, 6-9 PM

Hosted by Lasting Impressions Bed And Breakfast

433 Madison Aveune SE, Grand Rapids

Enjoy wine and snacks provided by Art of the Table AND samples offered by Making Thyme Kitchen.

Featured Artists:

Deana Brownlow: Wire & glass gems uniquely adhered to glass and stainless servingware, home accessories and table ware, and clay children's impression tiles.

Peri Den Dulk: Pottery, ceramic frames and children's giftware.

Marie Dershem: Handmade dark chocolate truffles dipped in dark, milk or white chocolate.

Jaclyn Dreyer: Unique, one of a kind handmade jewelry and functional art.

Kathy Hagan: A collection of chic and charming handbags.

Beth Jacobson: Oil paintings of a variety of subject matter; mural artist.

Betty Mounts: Hand-crafted cold process soap. Many varieties to choose from.

Tia Riva: One-of-a-kind original jewelry and functional art.

Deb Rymal: Artisan beaded jewelry.

Jane VanderLaan: Vibrant pen & ink/watercolor illustrations featuring favorite Grand Rapids neighborhood places - Prints and Cards.

Mariah West: Scriptural greeting cards and hand-painted pottery.

Phyllis Zimmerman: Watercolor paintings and prints, custom orders.

Hope some of you can make it and support your local artists.

Edited by mejane

I'm so excited, I love the Farmer's Market!

I just got back from my first trip of the year to the farmer's market. I love this time of year in GR!! Uptown is bustling today...from the Farmer's Market to Eastown to Cherry to Wealthy. I stopped in I Candy too...awesome store, and a great sale too.

Forwarded from Jenn Schaub's Word on the Street e-newsletter:

If you are going to the Library this week or if you are looking to find out more about our awesome city then check out some of the photos on display as part of “Main Street Grand Rapids, the Changing Face of Monroe Avenue” Downtown branch this should be up for a few weeks but I would say check it out now. I love looking at old pictures of the city, they are so cool, they show how many cool things have come before and of course give you hope for cool stuff yet to come. (my favorite part of the museum is Gaslight village, always has been)

Ride of Silence:

Weds May 16. Gather 6:30, ride 7 pm. 12 slow miles through DT, out to JBP, return. We expect a couple hundred riders this year.

Meet at Island Shelter area of Riverside Park (roughly across from 2412 Monroe Ave NE). Look for many police cars, bicyclists, orange safety flags.

Read all about it:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ss....xml&coll=6

ETA:

Here's a video about it from Fox. (Minor quibble: it's Mark Hagar.)

Thant's "my" Bike GR map!!

Edited by Veloise