Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrh3

The Partly Cloudy State

5 posts in this topic

The NY Times had an article today about the loss of 58,000 residents from the state today. I can't help, but think that in addition to the economy, poor planning practices have contributed to the decline. What do you think? Florida Population Loss

I think that faint gurgling sound you hear is the Floridan aquifer breathing a little sigh of relief.

Several people, economists and such, have commented on the state budget and used the term 'ponzi scheme'.

I've heard nastier things about home insurance along the coast.

Of course, it's one thing to hope that we'll avoid a direct hit from a hurricane...but to bet it all on unsustainable growth?

In a way, I'm glad to see the growth in this state slow down a little. We were getting too crowded too fast. However, I'm disgusted to see our State officials trying to solve the problem by raising fees for everything instead of lowering their own fat paychecks. Higher tolls, higher Driver/Marriage license fees, etc. It's enough to make the average person sick.

In a way, I'm glad to see the growth in this state slow down a little. We were getting too crowded too fast. However, I'm disgusted to see our State officials trying to solve the problem by raising fees for everything instead of lowering their own fat paychecks. Higher tolls, higher Driver/Marriage license fees, etc. It's enough to make the average person sick.