Taqueria Pacifca Evicted?

Liamlunchtray

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slogging through the lotsofnoise forum so you don't have to, I have dug up posts from tyler, the TP owner and zander, as220 manager

(http://lotsofnoise.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8518)

tyler:

here it is, the official story of just what is going on with the taqueria.

Zander and bert filed eviction papers to evict taqueria pacifica and all it's employees on the 18th. the rent was due by the 15th, but instead of just picking it up like they usually do -- we share an address -- they waited for us to slip and nailed us. it's all up to the courts but the bottom line is they are railroading small business because we don't go along with their agenda -- whatever the heck that is. this was made apparently obvious when zander refused rent yesterday. they just want us gone. too subversive, i guess. those rebellious burritos. whatever. the tp will most likely rear it's head again, either here or not. but thank you to everyone who has eaten our food and supported us. tenants of theirs should beware. you could be next. -- more later. aloha--

zander:

Hi all-

Firstly, I

It really does feel like the Decatur. I'd love to know what sort of ills AS220 felt were being carried out. Sometimes it feels like there is an evil cloud lurking over the city that threatens to squash any enjoyable, laid back, hip but not too hip business. What amuses me most is that the response I keep hearing is "But the Taqueria is the only reason to go to AS220" Bah.

This opinion may be unpopular, but the Taqueria is kinda what keeps me out of AS220. For two reasons, one, it is just annoying and confusing to have two separate businesses operating in the same room, surmountable, but annoying, two, I just am not a fan of the Taqueria's food or staff. What's her name (calls everyone 'luv') who's always at the bar is like a ray of sunshine, walk across the room and you get the distinct feeling that ordering something is akin to killing someone's puppy.

This opinion may be unpopular, but the Taqueria is kinda what keeps me out of AS220. For two reasons, one, it is just annoying and confusing to have two separate businesses operating in the same room, surmountable, but annoying, two, I just am not a fan of the Taqueria's food or staff. What's her name (calls everyone 'luv') who's always at the bar is like a ray of sunshine, walk across the room and you get the distinct feeling that ordering something is akin to killing someone's puppy.

All I know is that an Osita Burrito and a Lime Jarritos is heaven. We have 2 fussy kids, so going out to eat anywhere is somewhat of a luxury. TP was one of those spots we could always count on for being kid friendly, cheap, tasty, and reasonably good for you. And when we would bring our ugly dog they would even bring her a bowl of water. Good stuff.

Well lets add to the unpopular opinion....I never really cared for their food either and the structure in the room is annoying. Plus, when my wife asked about food allergies, she was told that she might not want to eat there by the staff. Mexican of all flavors is one of the easiest to make wheat free, and plenty of places in PVD offer much better food in a more accomadating atmosphere.

And reading the blog responses of AS220 and TP, AS220 comes off professional. TP comes off as "whoa dude, I am a small busness, cut me some slack!" I understand they are upset, but their response is an indicator as to maybe why there are issues.

Archived