Taqueria Pacifca Evicted?

Liamlunchtray

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

goatee comment = mucho funny

Cotuit - I think I live in the bizzaro version of your world as I have always had the exact inverse of your experience at as220/TP. The TP staff always being super down to earth and friendly and the AS220 folks being way too cool for school. I think AS220 by and large has been a great asset for the city, but I've often gotten a holier than thou vibe rather than any interest in working with the community at large. I also think that Bert Crenca has obviously accomplished a lot over the years, but I have never had a single positive interaction with him. Total pompous ass. He certainly knows how to get things accomplished though.

You have gotten snooty attituder from the English bartender girl? she's pretty awesome.

I will agree however that sitting at the bar can be a bit unfriendly in terms of the patron reactions. Like we are too alternative for you, you don't belong here. the AS220 staff has been fine though.

I've never gotten attitude from anyone at either place, but the AS220 bartenders have always been super friendly while the TP people were pretty short/curt with me. I've had a similar feeling to Brick's with the patrons looking at me like I don't belong because I don't wear tight jeans and have no tatoos or piercings, and my hair is always relatively neat.

• 2 weeks later...

well I guess they must have succeeded in getting rid of the taq' because as220 is hiring a restaurant manager http://providence.craigslist.org/fbh/1369094937.html

Job Posting (Full Time)

Restaurant Manager, AS220

AS220 is a community of artists working in downtown Providence to provide open forums and opportunities for Rhode Island artists. We provide an alternative to the institutional venues and have gained national attention for our commitment to an

Archived