Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cityboi

Amazing 100 year old color photos of Russia (1907-1915)

7 posts in this topic

Wow just looking at these photos. you would think they were snapped yesterday. I wasn't aware that color photography was available then. It makes you wonder why it was not mainstream back then and took almost 50 years for the average person to be able to take color photographs. But they are so clear. here are a few. The rest are on the link below. These pictures rival some of our best pictures today.

9_2010.jpg

3284353117c59895e466o_1.jpg

3281012528c20ef7d25eo_1.jpg

3_4.jpg

http://quazen.com/arts/photography/the-inc...rokudin-gorsky/

more can be seen here:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/214585

That's amazing! I also had no idea that such photos could have been produced at that time. It makes history a little more real to us if we can see it in images of this quality IMO.

I think the photos are amazing, but how many megapixels were the cameras back then?

and how big were the flash drives?

ok, in all seriousness, though, I have a hard time believing they are that old and not damaged by age.

even the black and whites from my grandparents are yellowed and such.

damn I mean the pics of me from back in the 70s when I was a little guy are obviously suffering from age,

I think the photos are amazing, but how many megapixels were the cameras back then?

and how big were the flash drives?

ok, in all seriousness, though, I have a hard time believing they are that old and not damaged by age.

even the black and whites from my grandparents are yellowed and such.

damn I mean the pics of me from back in the 70s when I was a little guy are obviously suffering from age,

nevertheless these are amazing and it does make 1909 seem like a year ago

Here is a link to the Prokudin-Gorskii collection at the Library of Congress' website. Only a couple of pics match up with the Newsweek article.

This explains the process of

Man I wish Matthew Brady had come up with color pictures. Those are amazing. I don't know why it took so long for color to become standard. It's even amazing to see color movies from WWII.