Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZachariahDaMan

Help, going to the Upper Peninsula!

5 posts in this topic

Later this month I will be going to the Upper Peninsula for a few days. What would you all suggest doing? I'm looking for the typical touristy things. But I also really want to see some ghost towns and I've heard they have them there. Does anyone know of some?

Later this month I will be going to the Upper Peninsula for a few days. What would you all suggest doing? I'm looking for the typical touristy things. But I also really want to see some ghost towns and I've heard they have them there. Does anyone know of some?

Zach, I've seen the kind of pictures you take, so I know you should hit up the Houghton-Hancock-Calument Area. Be sure to hit up the surrounding small towns like Lake Linden, Wolverine, AHmeek, and Mohawk. They contain some abandoned mining buildings. They are still owned by mining companies that are largely absentee, so keeping people out of them is basically pointless.

If you do not visit this area, your trip will be a total waste knowing that you like to photograph old interesting towns with a wealth of history.