Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cru Jones

Little Rock Walking Community?

3 posts in this topic

My wife and I moved from LR 2 years ago (hope to be back soon) but I will admit that as much as I love LR, I will really miss the community that we live in now, as LR doesn't really offer anything similar. Walking communities just make a lot of sense. Within walking distance of our house, we have a large park, community center, golf course, restaurants, bars, a gym, spa, pharmacy, grocery store, our family doctor, insurance agent, and several office buildings etc. Kids ride their bikes or walk to school (K-12) on 3 seperate campuses.

So my question is: do you guys think this would be successful in LR, and is there any chance it will happen?

I would love to see something of this quality in LR.

http://www.villageofbaxter.com/

My wife and I moved from LR 2 years ago (hope to be back soon) but I will admit that as much as I love LR, I will really miss the community that we live in now, as LR doesn't really offer anything similar. Walking communities just make a lot of sense. Within walking distance of our house, we have a large park, community center, golf course, restaurants, bars, a gym, spa, pharmacy, grocery store, our family doctor, insurance agent, and several office buildings etc. Kids ride their bikes or walk to school (K-12) on 3 seperate campuses.

So my question is: do you guys think this would be successful in LR, and is there any chance it will happen?

I would love to see something of this quality in LR.

http://www.villageofbaxter.com/

Brodie Creek was to be something like this, although I don't know that they ever planned on having retail to this degree. I don't know exactly why Brodie Creek failed, but I think something like what you've shown here could work. Of course the last thing Little Rock needs is more retail development. But I do like the idea of the community. It's kind of like a life-style center surrounded by housing.