CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Osprey Lanett

gman430

Three story parking garage with 175 spaces, apartments/condos totaling 20,000 square feet, and office space totaling 50,000 square feet. I believe retail/restaurant space will be included also. Rendering here: http://www.mckayzorn.com/ Location unknown at this time but i'm pretty certain it will be located downtown. Don't be suprised to see a Greenville News story on it soon. ;)

Here is the bid information: http://www.constructionjournal.com/project...t=Osprey+Lanett

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The location can be seen by anyone with a Construction Journal login.

Anyone out there with that ? You can be the 'hero' if you let us know.

Osprey Lanett is currently located at 135 S. Main St. They have something to do with imports/exports.

Anyone else have any info? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW !! :w00t:

Not sure. Osprey Lanett is a commercial real estate company currently located in the Poinsett Plaza building. I don't know if they're going to move their company to this building or not. I'll try to find out more information. I do know though that the same person involved in building this project is the same one who proposed the nine story East Court Street building. Also, this project was first proposed in late 2007 but was put on hold due to the economy. I'm going to try and see if it is truly back or not. I'm guessing it is seeing how it was reported on a construction bidding website this month.

Didn't we see elevations, and maybe plans, for this before? I know I've seen it, but it definitely didn't have a name before, nor did it have any color renderings/information.

I hope we find out that it's definitely moving forward. :) In relation to this project, what's the status on the adjacent Green Monster construction?

I don't remember Heidi Aiken herself being involved, but the jerk that ran for Mayor and was against the city taking and tearing down his eyesore of a building (so Riverplace could go up) was the primary antagonist.

I thought the city and the developer should have fought that one out. I know I would have been at city hall in support of the project.

As for the green monster, I did see a worker coming out of that building last weekend.

I'm thinking the same. Is this the empty lot with red dirt behind the green monster? I thought originally it would be just a parking deck to go with the green monster development. Is this an update of that project? :dontknow:

The rendering looks really good. :thumbsup:

I don't remember Heidi Aiken herself being involved, but the jerk that ran for Mayor and was against the city taking and tearing down his eyesore of a building (so Riverplace could go up) was the primary antagonist.

I thought the city and the developer should have fought that one out. I know I would have been at city hall in support of the project.

As for the green monster, I did see a worker coming out of that building last weekend.

Archived