UNCG starting to buy up Glenwood Neighborhood

d_Random

The Glenwood Neighborhood Plan, approved by the Greater Glenwood Neighborhood Association last year, calls for new residential and mixed-use development to help continue revitalization.

High Point-based Skeen Group , said there was interest from neighbors (in Glendwood) and the group was now looking to acquire seven to 10 unbroken acres. Read more

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Glenwood Neighborhood Plan, approved by the Greater Glenwood Neighborhood Association last year, calls for new residential and mixed-use development to help continue revitalization.

High Point-based Skeen Group , said there was interest from neighbors (in Glendwood) and the group was now looking to acquire seven to 10 unbroken acres. Read more

No harm. But the article did have a good overall point: UNCG's growth in that direction, be it school sanctioned or otherwise, is inevitable. But I would say the school will probably take over Lee street before it considers building it's own properties in the Glenwood neighborhood, which is all right with me.

Hell, if it were up to me, I'd deed the whole strip of Lee Street from Tate to Aycock streets to the university and let them get to work. It would do wonders for the greater Lee/High Point Road area.

Archived