Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greenville

New Medical School in Greenville

5 posts in this topic

There will be a new medical school in Greenville, operated by the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. This will be a stand-alone school for students during all four years of their medical education. Plans are to accept 40 students the first year, and eventually increase that number to 100 in each class. I am not sure what the name will be. Here is the article:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....D=2009910060379

This will be a nice feather in the Upstate's cap. With this addition, our state will have three medical schools: Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston.

I'm excited about this! Greenville has so much to offer, and the best way to make people aware of this is to let them experience it.

A friend of mine at Clemson, also in graduate school, had a friend up from Charleston this past weekend. He showed him Greenville during the day and then at night we all went out downtown. His reaction was: "how soon can I move here?" It was his first visit to the city and metro, and all it took was that one day for him to fall in love with it... :)

There will be a new medical school in Greenville, operated by the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. This will be a stand-alone school for students during all four years of their medical education. Plans are to accept 40 students the first year, and eventually increase that number to 100 in each class. I am not sure what the name will be. Here is the article:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....D=2009910060379

This will be a nice feather in the Upstate's cap. With this addition, our state will have three medical schools: Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston.

This is great news, but I'm a bit confused. I thought GHS already had a medical school? The new building that was built a few years ago....wasn't that for the school? GHS did the big promo about being a "University" medical center? :dontknow:

Excellent! Thanks for the explanation. Great news indeed.