Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bloodyrocker

Pawtucket Downtown seeks new name

9 posts in this topic

The Pawtucket Foundation announces a call for entries for a downtown name-the-neighborhood contest. A $500 stipend and recognition at the Annual Awards Celebration will be the reward for the winning entry. The competition, co-sponsored by The Times and Alliance Blackstone Valley Federal Credit Union, calls for submissions to identify a name for Pawtucket

"Downtucket"?

LOVE. IT. And it would probably get more traction than my proposal, Downcity North.

Based on the current business climate in Downtown Pawtucket, what with the attempt to strong arm The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health to not open their business all while welcoming the Asian Massage Parlors. We should name downtown Pawtucket "F%$ktucket" where %=u and $=c.

Rhode Island Preservation Celebration! Featuring the Rhody Awards! Presented by Preserve Rhode Island and the

Rhode Island Historical Preservation & Heritage Commission, Hope Artiste Village, 1005 Main Street, Pawtucket

Thursday, October 29, 2009 from 5:30-8:30 pm. http://www.preserveri.org/content/rhode-is...the-celebration Pawtucket Historic District Commission will be recognized for twenty years of service.

The public library is in memory of Deborah Cook Sayles. It would be cool if they could work that in somehow, although there's already "Saylesville", which is Lincoln-ish.

As a person who grew up in Pawtucket (1951-1978), please allow me to say that this entire concept is one of the most ridiculous ideas I have ever had the misfortune to hear. sad.gif