Traffic Congestion, Road Construction, & Improvement Projects

gman430

This is still a complete facepalm to me.

Whoever designed the sidewalk has never seen a piano. Those are stripes, not "sharp/flat keys," which should be shorter than the white "keys."

And really - huge gateway signes around only one block with basically a single restaurant? What next - two massive signs around Bergamo's proclaiming it "Little Italy?" <end good-natured sarcasm>

Sorry for the venting. I just get so "bent" when there's a great idea that gets completely screwed up.

Yeah, I agree. I mean it looks nice and hopefully it draws a couple more restaurants or venues in, but as of now it really isn't anything to write home about.

It just needs more store fronts. It was a great idea, but on a lackluster street.

It WAS a lackluster street, now it looks like somewhere that might actually attract investment. DT's wouldn't have added their outdoor seating without it, thats for sure. Keep in mind this was a cheap investment, relatively speaking ($250k).

I think Brown Street looks fantastic now and much better than it used to. :) Yeah, the sidewalk doesn't look like piano keys but that's not something to get worried about or create a big deal over in my opinion. It's still wide enough and functions well unlike Church Street.

It WAS a lackluster street, now it looks like somewhere that might actually attract investment. DT's wouldn't have added their outdoor seating without it, thats for sure. Keep in mind this was a cheap investment, relatively speaking ($250k).

Agreed.

I think it would be an incredible street to live above now. How cool it would be to walk out of your apartment building onto Brown Street, secluded, yet distinct and fun.

This is still a complete facepalm to me.

Whoever designed the sidewalk has never seen a piano. Those are stripes, not "sharp/flat keys," which should be shorter than the white "keys."

And really - huge gateway signes around only one block with basically a single restaurant? What next - two massive signs around Bergamo's proclaiming it "Little Italy?" <end good-natured sarcasm>

Sorry for the venting. I just get so "bent" when there's a great idea that gets completely screwed up.

Agreed. This was somewhat of a waste of money. I can think of numerous downtown streets where the dollars and redo would have had a much larger impact.

Agreed. This was somewhat of a waste of money. I can think of numerous downtown streets where the dollars and redo would have had a much larger impact.

Can you give a couple of examples?

This re-do was based at least inpart on Printer's Alley in Nashville. I recently visted Nashville for the first time and saw it in person. Our version has the potential to blow theirs away.

Based on the brick pavers I see staged, I'm guessing that they're adding a 'brickyard road' to both ends.

This SHORT, one block street, was redone some months back. You'd think everything would have been done at once to save money. More misguided decisions and wasting of taxpayer dollars by a city I used to think had it together.

This SHORT, one block street, was redone some months back. You'd think everything would have been done at once to save money. More misguided decisions and wasting of taxpayer dollars by a city I used to think had it together.

Cry me a river and build me a bridge. Your continuing complaints on this forum is getting old real fast. You want the city to save taxpayer dollars but want power lines buried that would cost millions of taxpayer dollars from the same city. You also want quality of life improvements but complain when they happen.

Edited by citylife
  • Like 1