gman430

Traffic Congestion, Road Construction, & Improvement Projects

SCDOT has launched a Woodruff Road Congestion Relief Survey and would like to get your thoughts on finding a solution to the problem. The link below will take you to the Woodruff Road Congestion Relief Project website, which houses the survey and a description of the project. Please share this with anyone you think would like to participate and, if appropriate, please share this on social media. SCDOT has requested we use #fixwoodruffroad with any online posts. This survey is extremely important because it is part of the public engagement process for the preliminary engineering of the Woodruff Road Parallel project funded in the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).  

www.fixwoodruffroad.com

• Like 1

I rode bike across the new Salters Road overpass on Friday.  There is still some lighting to be finished, but overall it turned out very well.

With this new connection starting...IMO the logical conclusion would be to create a direct connection to Salters Rd. or throw a bridge across 85 that lines up with the Market Point Connector. 

Woodruff Road relief project meeting: 
  • Thursday
    November 9, 2017
  • 5 PM - 7 PM
  • Roper Mountain Road Baptist Church
    300 Roper Mountain Road Extension
    Greenville, SC 29615

Now that Spartanburg will soon have a local penny tax, that leaves Oconee, Beaufort and Greenville as the only counties with only the statewide 6% sales tax. 

I would like to see a Local Option Sales Tax passed. This would allow a minimum of 71% of the net revenues to go to property tax relief. The balance would be available for other things. I would suggest setting the property tax credit at 90% and the 10% remaining going to a fund that can only go for roads, bike lanes, trails like SRT and conservation purchases.  32 SC counties already have this tax and many have a 8 or 9% sales tax. 

About a third or so of the revenue collected would be from visitors, which we have more of than ever.  It would also lead to more annexation by all the cities and towns, as the cost difference would be greatly reduced or even eliminated.     

This tax would be permanent unless repealed by the voters.  An alternative would be a sales tax that is 7 years or less (like Spartanburg's) that would only be for capital projects. 

It’s been nice being back in town and seeing all of the change and development in the city! There’s a lot going on!

I don’t recall seeing this mentioned, but I really like seeing the city logo on the street signs at Townes/Stone. Do they light up internally?

also, as someone else mentioned, Rhett Street looks great! Can’t wait for them to have this reopened and continue the improvements up to Markley.

1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

It’s been nice being back in town and seeing all of the change and development in the city! There’s a lot going on!

I don’t recall seeing this mentioned, but I really like seeing the city logo on the street signs at Townes/Stone. Do they light up internally?

also, as someone else mentioned, Rhett Street looks great! Can’t wait for them to have this reopened and continue the improvements up to Markley.

Yes they do. :)