Traffic Congestion, Road Construction, & Improvement Projects

gman430

SCDOT has launched a Woodruff Road Congestion Relief Survey and would like to get your thoughts on finding a solution to the problem. The link below will take you to the Woodruff Road Congestion Relief Project website, which houses the survey and a description of the project. Please share this with anyone you think would like to participate and, if appropriate, please share this on social media. SCDOT has requested we use #fixwoodruffroad with any online posts. This survey is extremely important because it is part of the public engagement process for the preliminary engineering of the Woodruff Road Parallel project funded in the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).  

www.fixwoodruffroad.com

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that Spartanburg will soon have a local penny tax, that leaves Oconee, Beaufort and Greenville as the only counties with only the statewide 6% sales tax. 

I would like to see a Local Option Sales Tax passed. This would allow a minimum of 71% of the net revenues to go to property tax relief. The balance would be available for other things. I would suggest setting the property tax credit at 90% and the 10% remaining going to a fund that can only go for roads, bike lanes, trails like SRT and conservation purchases.  32 SC counties already have this tax and many have a 8 or 9% sales tax. 

About a third or so of the revenue collected would be from visitors, which we have more of than ever.  It would also lead to more annexation by all the cities and towns, as the cost difference would be greatly reduced or even eliminated.     

This tax would be permanent unless repealed by the voters.  An alternative would be a sales tax that is 7 years or less (like Spartanburg's) that would only be for capital projects. 

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been nice being back in town and seeing all of the change and development in the city! There’s a lot going on!

I don’t recall seeing this mentioned, but I really like seeing the city logo on the street signs at Townes/Stone. Do they light up internally?

also, as someone else mentioned, Rhett Street looks great! Can’t wait for them to have this reopened and continue the improvements up to Markley.

1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

It’s been nice being back in town and seeing all of the change and development in the city! There’s a lot going on!

I don’t recall seeing this mentioned, but I really like seeing the city logo on the street signs at Townes/Stone. Do they light up internally?

also, as someone else mentioned, Rhett Street looks great! Can’t wait for them to have this reopened and continue the improvements up to Markley.

Yes they do. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, SVL said:

What stretch is getting the diet and what all are they doing?

Making it two lanes and adding a median with turn lanes in the middle. From Dunbar to Field Streets. Should really help with all of the left turners from Augusta to Harris Street. 

Edited by gman430

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Making it two lanes and adding a median with turn lanes in the middle. From Dunbar to Field Streets. Should really help with all of the left turners from Augusta to Harris Street. 

Unfortunately they don't have a left turn lane for Harris at this time, just the center turn lane.   People seemed to be hesitant to use that this morning and Augusta was still backing up.   These are temporary lines until the road gets repaved, so hopefully it will get added. 

13 minutes ago, chuckyvt said:

Unfortunately they don't have a left turn lane for Harris at this time, just the center turn lane.   People seemed to be hesitant to use that this morning and Augusta was still backing up.   These are temporary lines until the road gets repaved, so hopefully it will get added. 

Ahhh...I gotcha. Hopefully people get used to it after the road gets fully repaved and some use. 

Edited by gman430

3 hours ago, gman430 said:

More landscaping work has started along I-385. 

Has anyone else noticed how dark 385 is?   Especially early morning when not much traffic is out.  There are no streetlights, and practically every sign light is burntout.   Who do we complain too to get the sign lighting repaired?

20 hours ago, chuckyvt said:

Has anyone else noticed how dark 385 is?   Especially early morning when not much traffic is out.  There are no streetlights, and practically every sign light is burntout.   Who do we complain too to get the sign lighting repaired?

Contact SCDOT or Greenville Cares.