Traffic Congestion, Road Construction, & Improvement Projects

gman430

28 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Guess the narrator was confused. I actually think a traffic circle would be better here to guid more people onto the road but idk

Actually in the video you can see the half built roundabout so I guess they are all confused. Unless a roundabout was added later to the plan. 

7 hours ago, vicupstate said:

I really hope this helps congestion on Woodruff Rd. To me it's funneling  auto traffic from one area to congestion in another...at this point any improvement is positive I guess.

Edited by cabelagent

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

385 from DT to 85. What a mess the way they have patched it . It's just bump after bump as the asphalt goes from old to new to old in small sections for miles. Are they not going to resurface the whole thing?  It screams we don't have enough money for that now. 

Edited by vistatiger

1 hour ago, vistatiger said:

385 from DT to 85. What a mess the way they have patched it . It's just bump after bump as the asphalt goes from old to new to old in small sections for miles. Are they not going to resurface the whole thing?  It screams we don't have enough money for that now. 

They’re going to resurface the whole thing. It’s not finished yet. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

It's about time that they followed through on this. 

I believe that section of road was owned by the county for a while which is why it didn’t get done when the rest of the Fairforest Way improvement project was done several years ago.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

That's a lot of traffic circles! I'm not sure what other options were on the table, but this generally seems like a good proposal. 

If you're interested, you can view the other proposed options here:

http://www.fixwoodruffroad.com/

Navigate the tabs at the top to view “Alternatives”. They also show the estimated cost if each option. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Krugerdk said:

If you're interested, you can view the other proposed options here:

http://www.fixwoodruffroad.com/

Navigate the tabs at the top to view “Alternatives”. They also show the estimated cost if each option. 

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad they recognized that any fix needed additional bridges across both 85 and 385.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...