Come meet David Nyberg

The Voice of Reason

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awsome event.

First off this was not just nyberg, it was all of college street LLC and some of the groups he works with.

I really have no idea where to start, but I will say that I like David Nyberg. This guy is honest, and he does not shy away from faulting himself. Does he deserve some of the negative... yes some, but I think he has gotten a real bad deal from the city at both 901 Main street and 210 Farmington. I am glad that things have moved forward on both of these, and I am glad he is working in this city.

a few things to take away from this meeting at least from the perspective of these forums. do not expect Nyberg to build any new buildings. maybe... MAYBE unlikely something like trumbull on the park with old and new, but he said that there is no need to build untill everything else is filled up. he makes a fine point.

also how he came to hartford, kind of rocks, but its a long ass story, and he really talked about how he got started etc...

I think its obvious that he loved his early years of redevelopment the most.

they are now renting 210 farmington and the demand is very high, so they are excited for what it will bring to the area.

they have nothing else concrete in the works, but may have something going on with the opera HQ. Clearly he is not done with Asylum Hill.

Northland is DEFINATELY going to open the market themselves

Kyto just today re-confirmed interest in moving forward with the space. but this is the kind of thoing that might end up with lawsuits, so he doesnt really know, and honestly seemed like his was not really involved, just obviously hoping to geain a tenant some day.

901 Main now as 88? COs, so they are still looking to attain a dozen or so more, and they have some vacancies due to the newly available units. something like 15 they said

he wants to do an event at 210 farmington so stay tuned.

I dunno, ask me questions if you have any, thats all I got for now.

1) were any of the condo OWNERS from 266 pearl present there and do they share your opinion of him?

2) staying on 266, did he mention his going forward plan for selling the remaining 40+ units? how long can he afford to rent them out and cut condo fees without it making an impact on the condo association? how does he plan to sell the remaining units if they're locked into leases with the renters?

3) a grocery market coming is great news, who is the source for the information? northland themselves? if so, any more specifics?

with kyoto, after 2 years, i'm starting to believe it's a tax write-off scam for twan :lol: . i can't imagine it being a good business practice to be building a restaurant for that long; walk away -- there's plenty of other properties around.

Awsome event.

First off this was not just nyberg, it was all of college street LLC and some of the groups he works with.

I really have no idea where to start, but I will say that I like David Nyberg.

Northland is DEFINATELY going to open the market themselves

I dunno, ask me questions if you have any, thats all I got for now.

1) were any of the condo OWNERS from 266 pearl present there and do they share your opinion of him?

2) staying on 266, did he mention his going forward plan for selling the remaining 40+ units? how long can he afford to rent them out and cut condo fees without it making an impact on the condo association? how does he plan to sell the remaining units if they're locked into leases with the renters?

3) a grocery market coming is great news, who is the source for the information? northland themselves? if so, any more specifics?

with kyoto, after 2 years, i'm starting to believe it's a tax write-off scam for twan :lol: . i can't imagine it being a good business practice to be building a restaurant for that long; walk away -- there's plenty of other properties around.

it just seems odd to me that none of them are advertised as for sale. the only units for sale in the building are the ones that are being re-sold by current owners. all sings on the building say "now leasing".

perhaps he just can't compete with the listed prices of those private units and is just sitting low, waiting for them to sell and then he'd start offering his own?

i believe the grocery store opening will help tremendously.

I don't think it is market related.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived