Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DetroitMan

Robert Israels calls plan to develop abandoned block of Bridge St. NW in Grand Rapids 'huge'

11 posts in this topic

Sounds promising. I noticed the new facade going up on Bridge. I hope he doesn't do this with every building. While I love what he's done with the west side, I don't necessarily like the way that he seems to put a new facade on most buildings. Some need it, but there are a couple of buildings I would have liked to have seen kept "historically accurate".

Joe

These plans will be a big boost to the westside.

Robert Israels calls plan to develop abandoned block of Bridge St. NW in Grand Rapids 'huge'

By Chris Knape {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} The Grand Rapids Press

October 24, 2009, 7:00AM

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/10/post_70.html

I'm still waiting for actual "news" on this. :)

I'm still waiting for actual "news" on this. :)

Sounds promising. I noticed the new facade going up on Bridge. I hope he doesn't do this with every building. While I love what he's done with the west side, I don't necessarily like the way that he seems to put a new facade on most buildings. Some need it, but there are a couple of buildings I would have liked to have seen kept "historically accurate".

Joe

Yeah, I realized that after writing the first post. It is being re-bricked, so I think I just assumed. The building is a wreck (inside and out), I'm really surprised they didn't just sell it to Israel instead of putting a whole new facade on it with "no current plans".

Joe

The GR Press is reporting that Bob Israels does not own the building currently undergoing construction on the corner.

My guess is that Izzy is going to build a furniture museum, with condos incorporated in some manner. Its been a awhile but I do recall in a convorsation that I had hearing someting to that effect.

my source says its going to be 400 ft. Izzy has dropped terms like mall of america,400million to 600million.

my source says its going to be 400 ft. Izzy has dropped terms like mall of america,400million to 600million.

Agreed. And unless he were relocating an entire company to GR, it would be an impossible feat. I'll take that post as "non-news".

Joe

Wha??? Something that large-scale would decimate the West Side. I don't see Bob doing something like that.