Robert Israels calls plan to develop abandoned block of Bridge St. NW in Grand Rapids 'huge'

DetroitMan

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds promising. I noticed the new facade going up on Bridge. I hope he doesn't do this with every building. While I love what he's done with the west side, I don't necessarily like the way that he seems to put a new facade on most buildings. Some need it, but there are a couple of buildings I would have liked to have seen kept "historically accurate".

Joe

These plans will be a big boost to the westside.

Robert Israels calls plan to develop abandoned block of Bridge St. NW in Grand Rapids 'huge'

By Chris Knape {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} The Grand Rapids Press

October 24, 2009, 7:00AM

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/10/post_70.html

Sounds promising. I noticed the new facade going up on Bridge. I hope he doesn't do this with every building. While I love what he's done with the west side, I don't necessarily like the way that he seems to put a new facade on most buildings. Some need it, but there are a couple of buildings I would have liked to have seen kept "historically accurate".

Joe

Yeah, I realized that after writing the first post. It is being re-bricked, so I think I just assumed. The building is a wreck (inside and out), I'm really surprised they didn't just sell it to Israel instead of putting a whole new facade on it with "no current plans".

Joe

The GR Press is reporting that Bob Israels does not own the building currently undergoing construction on the corner.

Archived