aylum and main surface lot

jcrc

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 story building with top 2 floors being 450+K penthouses, 3 story built in garage on the bottom and the rest of the floors taken up by B&N, Stop & Shop and Cheesecake factory and possibly the new location of dulce. rumour is the rooftop will have a heli-pad with direct routes to both the bernard and bradley airports for hire.

Anyone has any idea what is being done? Workers are digging the whole lot right now.

10 story building with top 2 floors being 450+K penthouses, 3 story built in garage on the bottom and the rest of the floors taken up by B&N, Stop & Shop and Cheesecake factory and possibly the new location of dulce. rumour is the rooftop will have a heli-pad with direct routes to both the bernard and bradley airports for hire.

must be because its just his homes and dreams.

if there were a project of that magnitude it would have been on the citys planning dept web site, and it would have made the courant, and it would have been announced by the mayor the govenor, and Konover whom ownes the land. thats why its just a parking lot resurfacing.

I would love to be wrong on this one, but I am not

must be because its just his homes and dreams.

if there were a project of that magnitude it would have been on the citys planning dept web site, and it would have made the courant, and it would have been announced by the mayor the govenor, and Konover whom ownes the land. thats why its just a parking lot resurfacing.

I would love to be wrong on this one, but I am not

why are people touchy?

it was obviously not a serious post thats why no one reacted to it for a while. I even, in setting the record straight (for vlad who it seemed to me was confused), was not judgemental against LOV, I said it was "hopes and dreams", half of these forums are hopes and dreams.

why are people touchy?

it was obviously not a serious post thats why no one reacted to it for a while. I even, in setting the record straight (for vlad who it seemed to me was confused), was not judgemental against LOV, I said it was "hopes and dreams", half of these forums are hopes and dreams.

as little as 2-3 years ago, yes, this all would have seemed possible. i wrote the 450k+ penthouses on top two floors because snooping around the internetz i found an article of that vintage where some developer out of nyc that bought the BA building downtown was claiming that he was going to convert the top two floors with balconies into penthouses and sell them off to the crowd that hartford 21 caters to.

he was saying that his building will have the best views because people can't see the river from 21 because BA is in the way...

i've never seen that story before and i actually wish that build would have happened before it all fell apart.

If this was any other time in Hartford's history, that would be possible. But nothing is possible anymore. I expect the surface lot to outlive me. At least I know I won't ever park on it.

as little as 2-3 years ago, yes, this all would have seemed possible. i wrote the 450k+ penthouses on top two floors because snooping around the internetz i found an article of that vintage where some developer out of nyc that bought the BA building downtown was claiming that he was going to convert the top two floors with balconies into penthouses and sell them off to the crowd that hartford 21 caters to.

he was saying that his building will have the best views because people can't see the river from 21 because BA is in the way...

i've never seen that story before and i actually wish that build would have happened before it all fell apart.

well, hartford just does't stop digging it's own grave, does it?

from the story here, i quote

"Second, Grunberg said he needs to get $2 million in parking assistance from the state's Capital City Economic Development Authority to expand a nearby parking garage he already owns to accommodate the need for condo residents. The $2 million, he said, is the project's "Achilles' heel." "

so obviously the city didn't give him the 2mil for that build, yet they'll give someone else 4mil to build projects over a park land?

The guy that bought the BoA building wanted condos and the city decided to not help him financially with that idea. There are probably some posts in here about it...

well, hartford just does't stop digging it's own grave, does it?

from the story here, i quote

"Second, Grunberg said he needs to get $2 million in parking assistance from the state's Capital City Economic Development Authority to expand a nearby parking garage he already owns to accommodate the need for condo residents. The $2 million, he said, is the project's "Achilles' heel." "

so obviously the city didn't give him the 2mil for that build, yet they'll give someone else 4mil to build projects over a park land?

yup, he is not a developer

nope he would not have gotten it done

he wanted the money from the city parking authority, but the authority did not have 2 mill at that time. they had just built morgan street garage at that time, so it was bad timing on his part and honestly an attempt to get more parking for the office building on the cheap. that tiny garage is what keeps him from keeping the building full. this little part of downtown is parking deficient.

The gold building is all set, and thats about it. state house square, Bank of America, Constitution plaza, Travelers, 100 Pearl, are all short of parking so they each pull from parking further afield. Heck travelers uses the convention center garage to give you an idea.

My office in State House square leased space at church street, the surface lot on main, and the sage allen building.

if he got the parking money he was supposedly building a 10 million garage

this would allow him to fully lease the building or do the condo thing.

he only paid 11 mil for the building, so all in all if he got the 2 mill it would have been a 19 million investment for him, and the building would have been upgraded to class A space. this would have been a great deal at that time. as residences it would have made a little chedder as well, but 2 mill in retrospect would have been alot for the city to put in at that time.

Archived