NASA finds 'significant' water on moon

cityboi

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its reading like they found liquid water

http://www.cnn.com/2...nasa/index.html

"The satellite, known as Lcross, slammed into it, which kicked up at least 24 gallons of water."

I watched the announcement for this and I'm not sure 'significant' is a word they should have used. They said it is equivalent to what's found in the Atacama Desert in South America which is the dryest place on Earth. Obviously it is better than no water at all, but significant it is not IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

The moon is very mysterious and its existence is unexplained. Some have wild theories about the moon and said it was "placed" there by an intelligence. Some have said while the moon appears natural on the outside, its an artificial body because NASA tests which caused the moon to ring like a bell for 4 hours hints that its hollow. There are unanswered questions though. most scientist tend to think that the moon was formed after the earth but test done on moon reveal that the moon is older than the earth by 2 billion years. In fact the moon is older than our solar system! How can the moon be older than the earth or our solar system? That suggests two things. One it could have been a body passing through space and some how got caught in earth's orbit. That seems like a logical explanation but scientists have done computer testing of this idea and found that rather than go into orbit, an object the size of the Moon would have crashed into the Earth if it wasn't far enough away to just stay on its course and pass on by. Speaking of size, the moon is too big for its orbit for it to have evolved naturally around the earth over time. That only leaves one explanation for how the moon got there as crazy as it may sound. But we know that life on earth cant exist without the moon so maybe our creator or creators as some believe had something to do with putting the moon there. Another strange characteristic about the moon is that one side never faces earth. Clearly there is something strange about the moon. A few astronauts have publicly stated that we were "warned off the moon" by ETs and thats the reason the moon missions ended.

It's my understanding that most theories point towards the idea that the Moon was some other extra-solar body that crashed into the Earth. The resulting impact resulted in the moon staying locked in earth's orbit, and explains the recession in its orbit (among other things). The Earth 'echoed' for 4 months after that earthquake in Sumatra, so a few hours isn't significant to me. I'm a believer in extra terrestrial life, but I'm not inclined to believe that anything can just move planets.

It's my understanding that most theories point towards the idea that the Moon was some other extra-solar body that crashed into the Earth. The resulting impact resulted in the moon staying locked in earth's orbit, and explains the recession in its orbit (among other things). The Earth 'echoed' for 4 months after that earthquake in Sumatra, so a few hours isn't significant to me. I'm a believer in extra terrestrial life, but I'm not inclined to believe that anything can just move planets.

There is a serious problem with that theory. The moon's size relative to its orbit proves it wasnt a process where rocks from an impact formed the moon over time. Secondly there is scientific data, mainstream scientist ignore, that shows the moon may be hollow. If its hollow, the moon couldn't have formed by the process you mentioned. here is a quote and an interesting link. Now i'm not saying somebody put the moon in place unless you believe it to be the hand of God. But when you look at all the data, there is no explanation as to how the moon got there. But I will say if you are a believer in UFOs, you believe that Extraterrestrials have the capability of affecting gravity and mass............It takes a lot of power and a type of science unknown to modern man to get from one point of the universe to another so you cant rule out anything no matter how bizzar it may seem.

"Let us outline some of the extraordinary anomalies and mysteries surrounding this puzzle. Clearly not all data will be equally reliable but the abundance of interrelated information nevertheless gives an overall picture which can be determined with some certainty. The first academic enigma must surely be that the Moon is apparently in its wrong orbit for its size. However, this would presumably be based on its assumed density. Technical reports claim a density of 3.3 for the Moon compared with 5.5 for Earth. Astronomy data indicates that the internal regions of the Moon are less dense than the outer, giving rise to the inevitable but outrageous speculation that it could be hollow. The eminent scientist Carl Sagan, a typical sceptic, made the statement, 'A natural satellite cannot be a hollow ob-ject'. But meaning here that if it is hollow, it is not a natural satellite---and therefore artificial. Possibly the strongest evidence for it to be a 'hollow ob-ject' comes from the fact that when meteors strike the Moon, the latter rings like a bell." - Rocks were found to contain brass, mica, titanium, and elements uranium 236 and Neptunium 237 not previously found in nature.

Now i'm not saying agree with most of what is said on this link because quite frankly there are some very outlandish notions and in fact most of what is said on this website is completely crazy, one of the outlandish theories leads you to believe that the moon is just a giant UFO disguised as a natural body. But the link does raise a few interesting points based on scientific data and there are a lot of properties in the moon that reveals that something is not right as if the process of how the moon got there isn't natural.

http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2006/01jan/moon.html

• 1 year later...

Oceans of water "INSIDE" the moon? That appears to be a reality. NASA announced that they have found significant water "inside" the moon. How significant? The measured quantities are at least as high as the water contained in the Earth's upper mantle. This discovery changes everything scientists have believed about the moon and this also changes the accepted theory as to how the moon was formed. The standard theory, which made the most sense, is that in the distant past, a Mars-sized planet collided with Earth, smashing into it and throwing out material that eventually coalesced into the Moon. This model, however, would suggest that most of the water thrown out would have boiled away, leaving the Moon much dryer than scientists have found it. So this leave a BIG question mark as to how the moon came to be because there seems to be no other logical explanation unless that moon was put there artificially some kind of way, whether you believe God or aliens did it. We know the moon wasn't flying through the universe and got locked into an orbit around earth. The moon has so much mass, it would have smashed into the earth. So how did we get our moon? The moon is also too large for its orbit around Earth which is a very strange anomaly. Even stranger, the age of the moon appears to be older than our solar system.

In regards to the "oceans of water" beneath the surface of the moon, I believe NASA has known about it for many years. The only made this announcement because Obama made some cuts in NASA funding an they want to use this info as a reason for NASA to get more funding for exploration of our moon and beyond.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/26/BA011JLELO.DTL

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110527/us_ac/8547445_discovery_of_water_inside_moon_could_alter_origin_theory_space_travel

Archived