Infill projects in downtown Fayetteville

mzweig

I've heard that an exciting proposal is coming up that would take a small part of the south end of the WAC lot and make Spring St a complete street, including the Metro District.  Supposed to be traditional architecture and 5-stories.  I sure hope the city doesn't screw this one up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wmr said:

I've heard that an exciting proposal is coming up that would take a small part of the south end of the WAC lot and make Spring St a complete street, including the Metro District.  Supposed to be traditional architecture and 5-stories.  I sure hope the city doesn't screw this one up.

I have not seen anything on it yet but I will certainly keep an eye out.  Sounds interesting...IF they don't screw it up...

I really like the rendering for the potential south WAC parking lot development.  I guess the question is whether to wait, there's a study in progress apparently.  There's also been an offer for the entire parking lot.  Now it sounds like Collier has also put in an offer for the entire parking lot as well.  Although he's already stated he doesn't want it developed, but left in it's current state.  But I don't think the city is planning on leaving it as it is for the long term.  So I'm doubtful they'll take him up on his offer.  But I'm still torn on how to develop this area.  Should we develop it piecemeal in smaller chunks, or do the whole thing as one big development?

I prefer the city do this proposal now, and then take further proprosals at a later date for the remainder.  As much as I'd like to parcel it out to smaller developers over time, someone needs to build a parking structure there at some point.  I really like the current proposal.

On 6/24/2016 at 8:31 PM, wmr said:

I prefer the city do this proposal now, and then take further proprosals at a later date for the remainder.  As much as I'd like to parcel it out to smaller developers over time, someone needs to build a parking structure there at some point.  I really like the current proposal.

I agree, I also like the proposal for the south end.  I guess my concern is what if it scares off a developer who had plans for the whole lot and bigger development.  But yes, another parking structure will need to be included at some point.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, aerotive said:

Being honest I thought that theater project would never go through.  Still skeptical but if it happens it'll be a great addition to the street.

They own the building, have spent considerable money on full drawings from Marlon Blackwell. Though that doesn't mean it is 100% done, knowing the developers and use, I'd say it is a sure bet. 

Edited by comreguy
  • Like 2