Infill projects in downtown Fayetteville

mzweig

• 5 weeks later...

Here are some townhomes going in on Block.  I think these are supposed to be finished in brick.  

I saw a sign for some around the corner to-be-built and they looked pretty terrible.  No design.  They looked like random college kid townhouses from the 1980s.  No balconies, nothing.

blockave townhomes.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2016 at 10:24 AM, strmchsr77 said:

I would certainly prefer brick, this looks way too plain...maybe add some color?

Those need to feel more unique and separate from each other, in my opinion.  Maybe a neo-Victorian row-house look like some of the newer stuff in San Francisco.  These are devoid a personality and the overall design appears to be some sort of "southern/modern" hybrid, but  the overall effect is lackluster.

Just separating the units with different coloring and slightly different porches and porticoes would go a long way.  I can't imagine paying $500,000 for a unit with no balcony and no distinguishing features.  Zweig or Robert Sharp could have made these into something special.

Edited by wmr
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:46 AM, TRB said:

New rendering for the Dickson Street theater released

8wo3KAU.png

Is this really it--hanging over the street like that?

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 4:42 PM, wmr said:

Here are some townhomes going in on Block.  I think these are supposed to be finished in brick.  

I saw a sign for some around the corner to-be-built and they looked pretty terrible.  No design.  They looked like random college kid townhouses from the 1980s.  No balconies, nothing.

blockave townhomes.jpg

They are selling quickly.  I know two different couples who have already put one of these under contract.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mzweig said:

Is this really it--hanging over the street like that?

They are selling quickly.  I know two different couples who have already put one of these under contract.

The brick ones are smart-looking.  

And no, the theater rendering he posted is a joke.  The actual renderings are in my post above yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a quick look at how we will be modifying the building at 218 N. Church and turning it into four condos along with garages and a studio condo out back.  Yes it is boxy, but we are working with the existing monolithic steel and concrete structure that is there and adding a second floor to it.  The flavor will be decidedly Asian and the interiors mid-century modern (if buyers will allow us to do what we think is best).   Each unit will be on a single floor, have wide floor plates, high ceilings, and tons of covered porches on the front and side of each unit.

Church Street rendering (002).jpg

• Like 3

Those will be nice, I'm sure.  The color and detail on all your projects is always first class. Love the balconies.

I'm surprised no one has decided to buy up a couple of older houses down there and put in 4-5 floors of luxury rentals.  It seems to be the missing piece.  Plenty of student apartments, and plenty high end homes.  Nothing for grown-ups to rent.

Edited by wmr

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:42 PM, UrbanArkie said:

Nice look.

Full height windows are a good fit. I would recommend colored/patterned concrete in the front.

Exterior lighting could be a little more modern.

Lighting isn't finalized.  That is just a rendering done for purposes of showing people the basic look we will have.

Mark

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, wmr said:

Those will be nice, I'm sure.  The color and detail on all your projects is always first class. Love the balconies.

I'm surprised no one has decided to buy up a couple of older houses down there and put in 4-5 floors of luxury rentals.  It seems to be the missing piece.  Plenty of student apartments, and plenty high end homes.  Nothing for grown-ups to rent.

I'm doing 17 apartments on the old Twin Arch Motel site that will be just that.  They will be fully-furnished and have utilities included and are aimed at adults, not students.  Definitely a need!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The lot across the street from the Collier's on Dickson Street has sold again.  This time it brought $4.4 Million.  No immediate plans for the site but the investors are planning some sort of future mixed use building.  The land is zoned main street/center so they will be limited to around 84' in height if I remember correctly.  Whatever they end up doing will have to make every inch count at that price.  

1 hour ago, strmchsr77 said:

The lot across the street from the Collier's on Dickson Street has sold again.  This time it brought $4.4 Million.  No immediate plans for the site but the investors are planning some sort of future mixed use building.  The land is zoned main street/center so they will be limited to around 84' in height if I remember correctly.  Whatever they end up doing will have to make every inch count at that price.  

They will also be hindered by the restrictions on height next to single-family residential structures.