Infill projects in downtown Fayetteville

mzweig

On 1/6/2017 at 9:06 PM, wmr said:

:lol: That rendering is actually a joke.  Here are the actual renderings of thew new Lumiere Theatre.   I definitely see the resemblance.

lumiere 2.jpg

lumiere 3.jpg

The Lumiere was reduced in height by 10 feet, which I think is a good thing, and some of the glass facade was replaced with more corten.  The overall shape is still the same, although I don't know where to find a rendering of the revised plans.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wmr said:

They will also be hindered by the restrictions on height next to single-family residential structures.

Yes and you can be assured that those idiots will be there to protest any taller buildings in the city.  I just don't get these people. They just don't have any concept of land cost and needed density for projects to be cost effective.  A 6-8 story building  would work great there and the value of their property would continue to climb.  

• 3 weeks later...

There are two projects underway in the "Mill District" at West Ave & Prairie.  One is the mixed-use building where ABBC is supposed to put a new tap room, with two levels of apts above, and the other looks like more row houses.  There are some lots nearby that aren't used-well that seem like they'd make sense for some intense development.  When the ABBC opens, there's three places to eat/drink within a city block there.  If Arsaga's ever does what they've said they were going to do at the former little gas station west of Woodstone, you have a really cool little cluster, with room for more.  The library expansion is going to really connect that spot to downtown.  

milldista1.jpg

milldista2.jpg

milldista3.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 7/6/2017 at 1:35 PM, wmr said:

The Lumiere was reduced in height by 10 feet, which I think is a good thing, and some of the glass facade was replaced with more corten.  The overall shape is still the same, although I don't know where to find a rendering of the revised plans.

Dead before Arrival

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like a prime location for a Trader Joe's due to proximity and demographic of U of A, the makeup of the people, and the city itself. It would be a mess traffic wise, but keeping the people in that general would bode well - especially if there were public transportation to and from the area. 

11 hours ago, sasnakrafan said:

Looks like a prime location for a Trader Joe's due to proximity and demographic of U of A, the makeup of the people, and the city itself. It would be a mess traffic wise, but keeping the people in that general would bode well - especially if there were public transportation to and from the area. 

With Fayetteville being a very granola, college town - the characteristics of the community would support a Trader Joe's .... however at 33,000 sq ft the CV's Family Foods building is to large for a stand alone Trader Joe's.  If the building could be sub-divided into multiple businesses allowing TJ's 10-14,000 then I could see it flourishing in downtown Fayetteville.

1 hour ago, OzarkSingleSpeed said:

Absolutely ... could be a nice location for an Aldi's considering the only other Aldi store in Fayetteville is in the far southwest part of town.

I read recently where Aldi's is partnering with Kohls to place their stores within existing Kohl's stores and I immediately thought of the Fayetteville store for that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TRB said:

I read recently where Aldi's is partnering with Kohls to place their stores within existing Kohl's stores and I immediately thought of the Fayetteville store for that.

The Kohl's and Aldi space sharing is an interesting concept ... Aldi is in growth mode (plans to open 900 more stores in the US over the next 5 years)  and Kohl's is testing smaller format stores (while reporting 6.3% increase in sales last quarter / stores operating at least 1 year).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/03/01/kohls-and-aldi-going-neighbors/385933002/

So if this happened in Fayetteville it would place an Aldi's on the north side of town, in between Target and Kohl's / Petsmart.  Plenty of parking available ... and lots of new residents in the immediate area at Watermark and Uptown.

23 hours ago, OzarkSingleSpeed said:

The Kohl's and Aldi space sharing is an interesting concept ... Aldi is in growth mode (plans to open 900 more stores in the US over the next 5 years)  and Kohl's is testing smaller format stores (while reporting 6.3% increase in sales last quarter / stores operating at least 1 year).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/03/01/kohls-and-aldi-going-neighbors/385933002/

So if this happened in Fayetteville it would place an Aldi's on the north side of town, in between Target and Kohl's / Petsmart.  Plenty of parking available ... and lots of new residents in the immediate area at Watermark and Uptown.

This would allow them to close the existing Springdale store and look to west of I-49 for a new stand alone Springdale outlet.

• 1 month later...

Fayetteville Flyer is reporting 'Ozark Natural Foods' has alluded to moving to the 33,000 sq ft building in downtown Fayetteville that was formerly CV's Family Foods.

Sounds like a win-win as their current space in under contract to be sold from what I understand.  The new location seems like it will offer more space, better visibility and some separation between them and Whole Foods in North Fayetteville.

https://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2018/07/02/ozark-natural-foods-hints-at-move-to-downtown-fayetteville/

5 hours ago, OzarkSingleSpeed said:

Fayetteville Flyer is reporting 'Ozark Natural Foods' has alluded to moving to the 33,000 sq ft building in downtown Fayetteville that was formerly CV's Family Foods.

Sounds like a win-win as their current space in under contract to be sold from what I understand.  The new location seems like it will offer more space, better visibility and some separation between them and Whole Foods in North Fayetteville.

https://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2018/07/02/ozark-natural-foods-hints-at-move-to-downtown-fayetteville/

It is actually less space than what they currently have. They own their current building, supposedly have no debt, wonder why they are selling? Also wonder who they are selling to. Seems like a lateral move at best to me. Especially with soon to be done upgrades to College Ave in that area. 

Edited by comreguy

36 minutes ago, comreguy said:

It is actually less space than what they currently have. They own their current building, supposedly have no debt, wonder why they are selling? Also wonder who they are selling to. Seems like a lateral move at best to me. Especially with soon to be done upgrades to College Ave in that area. 

I believe the new space is slightly larger ... this article linked below on 'KFSM' says their current space in Evelyn Hills Shopping Center is 26,180 sq ft.   Says they will close on the new property in 90 days and sounds like they have preliminary plans to open up the facade of the building that faces College Avenue along with a total remodel of the new site. 

I would be interested in why / who they are selling to as well ... I remember Evelyn Hills sold earlier this year to a group out of Texas so I wonder if the same investment group made a "can't refuse" offer to ONF on their current space?

https://5newsonline.com/2018/07/02/ozark-natural-foods-eyeing-move-to-downtown-fayetteville/

1 hour ago, OzarkSingleSpeed said:

I believe the new space is slightly larger ... this article linked below on 'KFSM' says their current space in Evelyn Hills Shopping Center is 26,180 sq ft.   Says they will close on the new property in 90 days and sounds like they have preliminary plans to open up the facade of the building that faces College Avenue along with a total remodel of the new site. 

I would be interested in why / who they are selling to as well ... I remember Evelyn Hills sold earlier this year to a group out of Texas so I wonder if the same investment group made a "can't refuse" offer to ONF on their current space?

https://5newsonline.com/2018/07/02/ozark-natural-foods-eyeing-move-to-downtown-fayetteville/

KFSM incorrect. They actually have closer to I think 45-50,000 sf from when they bought gym next door and combined spaces and remodeled. Also has basement. Didn’t they do the indoor farmers market there too?

The Fayetteville Public Library expansion is about to kick off ...

Demo of the old City Hospital starts next week with construction of the 70,000 sq ft expansion to start in early 2019.  The expanded space will include an audio/video recording studio, virtual reality room, photography studio, simulation lab, expanded youth services area, and a 700 seat multipurpose center.

Design of the expansion by Meyer, Scherer & Rockcastle  (MRS Design) of Minneapolis.

Library Expansion01.jpg

Library Expansion02.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Looks like another large project from Specialized Real Estate Group is in the works on the south side of Downtown/Mill District.  220 apartments, dining, office, and retail spaces have been announced for the old Farmer's Co-Op on the corner of MLK and S. School.  Looks like they are going to use the existing buildings and then add some apartment buildings.  I wish they had included some more pictures of the project.  

Here is a link:  Mill District/Farmer's Co-Op Project