Sign in to follow this  
mzweig

Infill projects in downtown Fayetteville

On 1/6/2017 at 9:06 PM, wmr said:

:lol: That rendering is actually a joke.  Here are the actual renderings of thew new Lumiere Theatre.   I definitely see the resemblance.

lumiere 2.jpg

lumiere 3.jpg

The Lumiere was reduced in height by 10 feet, which I think is a good thing, and some of the glass facade was replaced with more corten.  The overall shape is still the same, although I don't know where to find a rendering of the revised plans.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wmr said:

They will also be hindered by the restrictions on height next to single-family residential structures.

Yes and you can be assured that those idiots will be there to protest any taller buildings in the city.  I just don't get these people. They just don't have any concept of land cost and needed density for projects to be cost effective.  A 6-8 story building  would work great there and the value of their property would continue to climb.  

There are two projects underway in the "Mill District" at West Ave & Prairie.  One is the mixed-use building where ABBC is supposed to put a new tap room, with two levels of apts above, and the other looks like more row houses.  There are some lots nearby that aren't used-well that seem like they'd make sense for some intense development.  When the ABBC opens, there's three places to eat/drink within a city block there.  If Arsaga's ever does what they've said they were going to do at the former little gas station west of Woodstone, you have a really cool little cluster, with room for more.  The library expansion is going to really connect that spot to downtown.  

milldista1.jpg

milldista2.jpg

milldista3.jpg

• Like 1