Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
mzweig

Infill projects in downtown Fayetteville

Recommended Posts

I've heard that an exciting proposal is coming up that would take a small part of the south end of the WAC lot and make Spring St a complete street, including the Metro District.  Supposed to be traditional architecture and 5-stories.  I sure hope the city doesn't screw this one up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, wmr said:

I've heard that an exciting proposal is coming up that would take a small part of the south end of the WAC lot and make Spring St a complete street, including the Metro District.  Supposed to be traditional architecture and 5-stories.  I sure hope the city doesn't screw this one up.

I have not seen anything on it yet but I will certainly keep an eye out.  Sounds interesting...IF they don't screw it up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the rendering for the potential south WAC parking lot development.  I guess the question is whether to wait, there's a study in progress apparently.  There's also been an offer for the entire parking lot.  Now it sounds like Collier has also put in an offer for the entire parking lot as well.  Although he's already stated he doesn't want it developed, but left in it's current state.  But I don't think the city is planning on leaving it as it is for the long term.  So I'm doubtful they'll take him up on his offer.  But I'm still torn on how to develop this area.  Should we develop it piecemeal in smaller chunks, or do the whole thing as one big development?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer the city do this proposal now, and then take further proprosals at a later date for the remainder.  As much as I'd like to parcel it out to smaller developers over time, someone needs to build a parking structure there at some point.  I really like the current proposal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2016 at 8:31 PM, wmr said:

I prefer the city do this proposal now, and then take further proprosals at a later date for the remainder.  As much as I'd like to parcel it out to smaller developers over time, someone needs to build a parking structure there at some point.  I really like the current proposal.

I agree, I also like the proposal for the south end.  I guess my concern is what if it scares off a developer who had plans for the whole lot and bigger development.  But yes, another parking structure will need to be included at some point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the SW corner of North St and Leverett has been cleared over the past two days.  I guess this could be considered on the edge of "downtown".  Anybody know what might be going there?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wmr said:

So the SW corner of North St and Leverett has been cleared over the past two days.  I guess this could be considered on the edge of "downtown".  Anybody know what might be going there?  

More rentals, just higher density and better product. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the Lumiere Theatre is finally moving through planning.  This will be the multi-story replacement of the current Dickson Street Theater building between DicksonSt Liq' and Puritan Brews.  No pictures to share yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aerotive said:

Being honest I thought that theater project would never go through.  Still skeptical but if it happens it'll be a great addition to the street.

They own the building, have spent considerable money on full drawings from Marlon Blackwell. Though that doesn't mean it is 100% done, knowing the developers and use, I'd say it is a sure bet. 

Edited by comreguy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.