Will the world really end December 21, 2012?

cityboi

December 21, 2012 is the end of the Mayan Calendar. The ancient Mayans believe something would happen on this date. Strangely enough this date has been noted by the ancient Egyptians as well. What will happen? will the world end? will ET (ancient gods) finally make themselves known to the world. Most think its a doomsday scenario. Some people say it will be the atom smasher experiment happening near Geneva which aims to create a small black hole "Large Hadron Collider". These experiments seem to happen around November and December "just started up yesterday btw". But an upgrade that will increase its power will happen in, strangly enough, 2012. This is really scary because I dont think the scientists know what they are getting into. We know what happens when you split an atom. After they started the machine up yesterday, they were surprised at how fast things were going. That tells me that unexpected things are happening.

In fact a disaster seems to be predicted by Nostradomus.................

Century 9, Number 44

"Leave, leave Geneva every last one of you,

Saturn will be converted from gold to iron,

The opposite Raypos will exteriminate all

Before the coming the sky will show signs"

Concerning this Nostradamus quatrain, note that Geneva is mentioned, and the "opposite RAYPOZ" could be "contrary positive ray, RAYPOS", where LHC uses a ray of protons, positive charged particles, truly a positive ray. And "contrary" refers to two proton beams colliding to produce high energy collisions. And it says the positive ray will exterminate everything, does that mean an earth swallowing black hole is created? Or a giant nuclear explosion from a Black Hole or Strangelet? "Saturn turns from gold to iron" could be referring to transmutation of elements, and the fact that the LHC is a circular ring like the rings of Saturn

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The movie 2012 and it's ilk all play upon the basic human fear of death. This fear is what all religion and other supernatural beliefs are based on. Thankfully, the human race has matured to the point where more and more people don't have a need to resort to such extreme measures to deal with the reality of our lives and ultimate ends. As we gain better understanding of our existence and the universe around us there will be less need for the unsupportable beliefs that many hold now.

I saw 2012 and it was very entertaining- there's nothing wrong with having an imagination that can include supernatural events and beliefs; we just shouldn't take them seriously.

This fear is what all religion and other supernatural beliefs are based on.

I disagree. People naturally fear the unknown in whatever context, and just because religion/spirituality seeks to explain much of it (whether or not science has ultimately come to answer such questions) doesn't mean that fear serves as the basis of faith.

Thankfully, the human race has matured to the point where more and more people don't have a need to resort to such extreme measures to deal with the reality of our lives and ultimate ends. As we gain better understanding of our existence and the universe around us there will be less need for the unsupportable beliefs that many hold now.

Science is not nor has it ever been the only means of knowing about our world, nor is it equipped to answer every question we have about the unknown.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ha ha since El Nino is back people are think the end is near. An interesting fact, every state in the United States with exception to Hawaii has snow on the ground, even northern parts of Florida. Thats the first time that I know of where thats happened in recent history.

ha ha since El Nino is back people are think the end is near. An interesting fact, every state in the United States with exception to Hawaii has snow on the ground, even northern parts of Florida. Thats the first time that I know of where thats happened in recent history.

I saw the article about that as well. I wonder if the over 13,000 foot Haleakalā volcano didn't have any snow at all or if just wasn't visible from below. When I went to Maui many years ago it was always snow covered. I guess global warming could have taken it's toll but I imagine there was a little snow somewhere up there.

As a saved and baptised individual who was told I would burn in agony in eternal fire after death if I didn't do what I was told I fully believe that fear of death is the bedrock of organized religion. You can do what ever you please as long as you feel guilty afterwards and ask for forgiveness. I realize that is not the tenet of all religous belief but for me it was enough to look elsewhere. I certainly don't pretend to have all answers but I feel much more at peace with what I have come to believe than anything that I've seen advertised.

On that note, there are already reports of tropical storms forming in Pacific, which historically doesn't start until around June 1st. Makes you wonder that if they are forming that early, we could be in for a really nasty summer! While the Atlantic has traditionally been quiet during El Nino, some of our worst Hurricanes hit the US during one, such as Betsy (1965) and Andrew (1992), in addition to Danny (1997) and Bob (1991).

• 4 months later...

just a little coincidence...hahah In the Book of Revelation 20:12 it talks about judgement day

"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books"

another somewhat big earth hit in an unlikely region today...Toronto, Canada. Trmemors were felt in New York City.

• 4 months later...

There has been much speculation about 2012 and that the government is preparing for it. Some point out evidence which reveals the government has built and is expanding large underground facilities under the Denver Intl Airport. The facility under the airport seems to be a huge bunker of some sort design to hold thousands of people. There are "containing areas" underground which are fenced off and the barbed wire faces inward as if theses areas were designed to keep people from getting out (civilian detainment camp). Currently there is extensive on going tunnel construction and some workers even admitted that what they were building was designed to hold people in event of a dooms day scenario. There is artwork in the terminal which depicts major natural catastrophes with a burning city (dooms day) and there are freemason symbols everywhere. Some of the artwork shows soldiers with Nazi swastikas and the runways themselves are laid out to look like a swastika. The strange artwork that depicts disasters, natural and man-made were painted by a Mayan artist. The ancient Mayans predicted 2012 ad as the end of the calendar date. In fact in the Denver Airport artwork there is a little girl holding a Mayan tablet which alludes to the 2012 date. The ancient Mayans saw the date as a re-birth but before the re-birth there is mass destruction of life. The earth has gone through these cycles many times over the planet's history which is why dinosaurs are no longer around.

runways.jpg

To add to the conspiracy, one piece of artwork shows imagery of genocide. On the floor in front if this artwork there is a symbol that says Au Ag. On the periodic table those are symbols for gold and silver but they are also symbols for a new deadly strain of hepatitis called Australia Antigens (Au Ag).

There is even a plaque at the airport with a freemason symbol that says "the New World Airport Commission" in reference to "New World Order". The odd thing is that there was nothing wrong with the old airport and when they built this new Denver airport, they built it in an inconvenient location. Its been dubbed as "America's most inconvenient airport". it was also built in a high wind area which often causes many flight delays. The airport has more acreage than an airport that size could possibly need (53 square miles!). Clearly without a doubt there is something fishy about this airport and it was designed to be more than just an airport. Its pretty creepy and sinister. Queen Elizabeth II has purchased land near this airport and there appears to be no explanation as to why. Some have said if something were to happen in 2012, this airport would play an important role. There are a lot of theories as to what might happen. The latest is that scientist say that sometime in 2012 that are going to be MAJOR solar storms which might knock out power grids world-wide for extended periods of times. If that happened, power would be knocked off for months and even years in some places because of the length of time it would take to repair grids in less industrialized countries. That would have a terrible effect on the economy and with power being knocked out for months, there are sanitary concerns which could lead to the spread of diseases. Without power, people can't go to work, if they can't go to work, they cant eat. This would lead to mass looting and chaos everywhere. Martial law would have to be put in effect. Long term power outages across the country would surely lead to a great depression in an economy thats already fragile. What if a catastrophic event such as this happened before the 2012 presidential election which would lead to canceling election day? Apparently our government is concerned about this threat because they seem to be trying to do something about it. This is not some scifi theory of world-wide destruction, this is a very realistic possibility and most people dont realize how catastrophic this can be. It wouldn't just be a few satellites going out for a few hours or a small two hour black out in New York. NASA just recently discovered giant breaching holes in the earth's magnetic field which protects us from these storms and flares. The magnetic field also helps protect us from harmful radiation.

NASA Moves to Shiield Earth's Power Grid from Sun Storms

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20022196-501465.html?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.11

Be prepared for 2012 solar storm, scientists warn.

"A blackout in one region can have a global impact. This may impact businesses such as those in the finance industry."

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/02/11/be-prepared-2012-solar-storm-scientists-warn.html

Nasa Warns Of Super Solar Storm 2012

http://projectworldawareness.com/2010/07/nasa-warns-of-super-solar-storm-2012/

The Book of Revelation in the Bible also mentions the Sun causes great disasters in the end of days.

cryptologists have discovered letter skip sequences codes in the hebrew bible. (letters in skip sequences that spell out words and sentences)

within the plain text of the book of Revelation:

Revelation 16:18 "No earthquake like it has ever occurred since man has been on earth."

Revelation 16:21 "From the sky huge hailstones of about 100 pounds each fell upon men."

these words/phrases were discovered clustered together in and near those verses:

-comet

-large

-stone-like / stony

-object

-planetary / wanderer

-fragmentary

-(hebrew distance equivalent to 60 miles)

-whole earth / earth annihilated

-smitten

-crater

-terrifying

-axis

-tilting

-Sun

-It will be crumbled / I will tear to pieces

-lethal

The odd thing is that there was nothing wrong with the old airport and when they built this new Denver airport, they built it in an inconvenient location.

this is not entirely true. i'm working with old memories from geography lectures, but i recall the old location had problems. one of the negative attributes was that it was sited as such that cold air descending the slopes and canyons of the front range created turbulent wind blasts during landings and take-offs.

who was the architect that designed the denver airport? odd tent-like roof (contextualism); the airport does expedite travelers fairly well, i guess they want to get you to the ski slopes quickly so you'll start spending money. :thumbsup:

That and we live in a consumerist society where everyone is trying to convince everyone else (including governments and airports) that what they have is inadequate and they need to spend on something new and better. It's what drives this economy. That could have happened with the Denver Airport.

Moreover, the government has always had and been building bunkers. The first generation of them from the cold war are becoming obsolete, and new large ones are needed. The mere existence of a bunker and the construction of one is not an indicator that 2012 is real.

• 3 weeks later...

As we get closer and closer to 2012, there does seem to be a "build up" of events around the globe. The latest is the North Korea attack on South Korea which appears as though those countries are headed for a war. Bring in the U.S, China and a few other countries like Russia into this and we've started World War III. Korea is a nuclear power so we aren't dealing with a sitution like Iraq or Afganastan. North Korea also has the capability to launch missiles that could reach the west coast of the United States. There are already whispers of this on blogs, websites and wiki that this event could lead us into World War III if this escalates and that would put this in the 2012 time frame (2012 is 13 months away). What if Iran decided it wanted to take advantage of the situation?

• 7 months later...

I guess we know how the world will end at the end of 2012 :ph34r:

Atom smasher closes in on Big Bang particle

Physicists expect the world's largest atom smasher to find a long-sought theoretical new particle — or rule out that it exists — by the end of 2012

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/25/scitech/main20082952.shtml?tag=stack

Mayan Calendar

ancient-mayan-calendar.jpg

Large Hadron Collider particle accelerator in Geneva

hadron3_620x350.jpg

I guess we know how the world will end at the end of 2012 :ph34r:

Atom smasher closes in on Big Bang particle

Physicists expect the world's largest atom smasher to find a long-sought theoretical new particle — or rule out that it exists — by the end of 2012

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/25/scitech/main20082952.shtml?tag=stack

Mayan Calendar

ancient-mayan-calendar.jpg

Large Hadron Collider particle accelerator in Geneva

hadron3_620x350.jpg

• 4 months later...

Did the Mayans know something? :shok:

A series of events seems to be unfolding. Kim Jong II passed and the U.S. is worried about the new leadership. Now the U.S. is saying Iran will likely have a nuclear weapon by the end of next year. That's around the time of the Mayan December 2012 date. The U.S. said it will not allow Iran to have nuclear weapons which mean we could go to war with Iran. Iran says it will wipe Israel off the map. Will Iran go nuclear?

• 1 month later...

There has been much speculation about 2012 and that the government is preparing for it. Some point out evidence which reveals the government has built and is expanding large underground facilities under the Denver Intl Airport. The facility under the airport seems to be a huge bunker of some sort design to hold thousands of people. There are "containing areas" underground which are fenced off and the barbed wire faces inward as if theses areas were designed to keep people from getting out (civilian detainment camp). Currently there is extensive on going tunnel construction and some workers even admitted that what they were building was designed to hold people in event of a dooms day scenario. There is artwork in the terminal which depicts major natural catastrophes with a burning city (dooms day) and there are freemason symbols everywhere. Some of the artwork shows soldiers with Nazi swastikas and the runways themselves are laid out to look like a swastika. The strange artwork that depicts disasters, natural and man-made were painted by a Mayan artist. The ancient Mayans predicted 2012 ad as the end of the calendar date. In fact in the Denver Airport artwork there is a little girl holding a Mayan tablet which alludes to the 2012 date. The ancient Mayans saw the date as a re-birth but before the re-birth there is mass destruction of life. The earth has gone through these cycles many times over the planet's history which is why dinosaurs are no longer around.

runways.jpg

To add to the conspiracy, one piece of artwork shows imagery of genocide. On the floor in front if this artwork there is a symbol that says Au Ag. On the periodic table those are symbols for gold and silver but they are also symbols for a new deadly strain of hepatitis called Australia Antigens (Au Ag).

There is even a plaque at the airport with a freemason symbol that says "the New World Airport Commission" in reference to "New World Order". The odd thing is that there was nothing wrong with the old airport and when they built this new Denver airport, they built it in an inconvenient location. Its been dubbed as "America's most inconvenient airport". it was also built in a high wind area which often causes many flight delays. The airport has more acreage than an airport that size could possibly need (53 square miles!). Clearly without a doubt there is something fishy about this airport and it was designed to be more than just an airport. Its pretty creepy and sinister. Queen Elizabeth II has purchased land near this airport and there appears to be no explanation as to why. Some have said if something were to happen in 2012, this airport would play an important role. There are a lot of theories as to what might happen.

Here is another strange sculpture at the Denver International Airport. It is a horse with eyes that light up. It is believed to represent the horse of the apocalypse. Its a creepy looking statue and in a freak accident the sculptor was killed by part of the statue. This is a very weird airport.

denver_zombiehorse2.jpg

denver_zombiehorse4.jpg

http://www.disinfo.com/2012/01/guatemalan-mayans-to-world-2012-is-not-the-end-and-we-should-know/

"Guatemalan Mayans to World: 2012 is Not the End, and We Should Know"

In it, author Kevin Rushby reminds us that unlike the Atlanteans, the ‘noble savage’ and other imaginary creatures Mayan culture still exists and continuous with its more grandiose past.

When Rushby asks a local Guatemalan shaman about the end-of-the-world prophecy, he says, “It is the end of a 5,126-year cycle, that’s true, but there is no mention of the end of the world. People seem to have got that from the Dresden Codex (a pre-Columbian volume of Mayan writings now in the State Library of Dresden). But in that record there is no mention of 2012.” According to Rushby, “Some millenarian-minded person had put these two separate records together and made a doomsday scenario.”

• 4 weeks later...

The clock is ticking and now we are seeing increasing conflict in Syria who Russia and China are backing btw. If its all out war and the U.S. is involved, China and Russia could get involved and they wouldn't be on our side. At the same time Iran is close to getting a nuclear weapon and Israel could attack Iran sometime this spring. Are we headed to World War 3? :ph34r: This year just happens to be 2012 A.D., the same year ancient civilizations have predicted that a series of major events would take place.

Archived