Division / Wealthy and ICCF

MiGuyz

17 minutes ago, elcelc said:

Regarding the food co-op timeline, two years off is actually a good thing.  They now have time to build their membership base which will help in funding.  With a location announced, they should see an immediate bump in membership and it's now on the radar for those who were unaware of the co-op before.  It's a bit slower process than a big corporation just spitting out a six-figure check to secure the location. 

So here's the announcement on Mlive:

MLIVE: grand-rapids-food-co-op-announces-new-location

9 hours ago, elcelc said:

Regarding the food co-op timeline, two years off is actually a good thing.  They now have time to build their membership base which will help in funding.  With a location announced, they should see an immediate bump in membership and it's now on the radar for those who were unaware of the co-op before.  It's a bit slower process than a big corporation just spitting out a six-figure check to secure the location. 

But they don't have a location.  Its like me saying I'm going to open a restaurant there. I have no agreement, nothing signed. I can't, in good faith, say I my restaurant will be there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EastownLeo said:

But they don't have a location.  Its like me saying I'm going to open a restaurant there. I have no agreement, nothing signed. I can't, in good faith, say I my restaurant will be there.

Letter Of Intent. Possibly with stipulations regarding member growth over the next couple years, I can't say for sure. Still not a done deal, but money is on the table.

20 hours ago, EastownLeo said:

I look at this and think it means an announcement of a building on that property is imminent. I agree, you can’t have a business without a roof over your head (well, at least not a food co-op / grocery store). :)

Joe

On 2/9/2019 at 1:03 PM, joeDowntown said:

I look at this and think it means an announcement of a building on that property is imminent. I agree, you can’t have a business without a roof over your head (well, at least not a food co-op / grocery store). :)

Joe

Is Tapestry Square finalized and approved? Or is everything still conceptual at this point. 

I'm a little confused as to what is finalized vs. what is proposed. Is the co-op going in the Tapestry Square building (that has been rendered) or in the hypothetical building on the corner of Wealthy & Division. 

14 hours ago, kwl said:

Is Tapestry Square finalized and approved? Or is everything still conceptual at this point. 

I'm a little confused as to what is finalized vs. what is proposed. Is the co-op going in the Tapestry Square building (that has been rendered) or in the hypothetical building on the corner of Wealthy & Division. 

It's my understanding that the building at the corner of Division and Logan is a done deal, the "Jello mold" is not.

51772158_2234719116586980_4088353594963656704_o.thumb.jpg.a678415c4c3a2faf56bd44c1ce1a383d.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/26/2021 at 8:56 AM, Cookin_peacocks said:

Don't want to get anyone to excited, but I drove by and noticed a Pioneer trailer parked at the site. 

No fencing or anything, just a trailer that wasn't there a day or two ago.

Anyone have anything?

From December was this: 

424 DIVISION AVE S, GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49503

L-DEV-2020-0462

Received Date:

Dec 17, 2020

Description:

Four story wood frame structure with 56 living units. Amenity space on first floor. 58,500 square feet total. site features include a new surface parking lot for 44 cars and courtyard/plaza space.

Jul 16, 2021 -  Waiting for Payment

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

From December was this: 

424 DIVISION AVE S, GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49503

L-DEV-2020-0462

Received Date:

Dec 17, 2020

Description:

Four story wood frame structure with 56 living units. Amenity space on first floor. 58,500 square feet total. site features include a new surface parking lot for 44 cars and courtyard/plaza space.

Jul 16, 2021 -  Waiting for Payment

So is "Tapestry Square" dead or is this auxillary and elsewhere on the plot?

1 hour ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

So is "Tapestry Square" dead or is this auxillary and elsewhere on the plot?

Depends on what you mean by Tapestry Square? I thought that was the general name for the entire block development, including the two existing mixed use projects and the townhouses. It's just gone through 8 million iterations. 

3 hours ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

The last one I saw was 7 stories right on Division

The permit is for the lot on the direct corner of Division and Wealthy. The renderings above were for a building at the corner to the South at Logan and Division (south of the BRT station you can see in the renderings). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...