Projects to watch for when/as the economy recovers

sammyjoey

I think it would be really cool to build the school on the North Tryon Street area by McColl and the NC Dance Studios and near the UNC Charlotte uptown building. It would add a nice solid anchor to that part of the strip (This last part is just speculative dreaming).

Something needs to come to that general area to clean it up, that's for sure.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we Can look Forward to 210 Trade soon

A limited liability company called 210 Trade Investments is the highest bidder for the air rights to build a tower on a corner of uptown Charlotte’s EpiCentre, according to court filings.

Read more: 210 Trade group bids $6M for EpiCentre tower site {sodEmoji.|} Charlotte Business Journal"

Ghazi declined Tuesday to say what is planned for the site but has been quoted saying it would be difficult to build a residential project in today's soft market. Something, he has said, will be built.

Read more: http://www.charlotte...l#ixzz16DxE1SOC

Ghazi said, "Both yesterday's and today's events were watershed events which clear the way for a very bright and positive future."

Read more: http://www.charlotte...l#ixzz16DxPYNpn

I wonder if this could be mostly hotel and 13 floors or so of condos. The economy is bound to get better sooner or later and this lot seems like prime real estate for condos

I wonder if this could be mostly hotel and 13 floors or so of condos. The economy is bound to get better sooner or later and this lot seems like prime real estate for condos

I would vote for apartments here... Last thing we need are anymore condos. The Park is already slated to be become part condo when work starts there shortly.

agreed. reasonably-priced apartments would rent like crazy at the Epicentre (make them a little less expensive/exclusive than Catalyst, but still nice like Post Uptown or many of the Southend complexes). its not somewhere that many people would want to live long-term but would love to stay for a year or two.

even if it winds up being nothing but hotel, i'd consider it a win.

Archived