Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yorkconstruct

Guy Fieri filming in Charlotte

10 posts in this topic

New restaurant will be opening at the West Morehead/Freedom Drive intersection. Two guys from The Penguin are the owners. It will go into the old auto repair shop with the VW Beetle on the roof. I heard the name, but at the moment, can't remember. Should be a great addition to the area.

Speaking of The Penguin, Guy Fieri was there a few weeks back, not sure for his road show or his Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Anyone get a chance to meet him?

I did a google search and found it was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and the episode was Blue Plate Special.

I don't live in Charlotte so I didn't meet him.

Not according to Food Network's website. I don't think any episode with his most recent visits has aired yet. Here is a list of all of the places he went along with the episode number and title: http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/guys-diners-drive-ins-and-dives/index.html

Unfortunately he tends to mix places in each episode, so his visits will likely be spread out among multiple episodes. The only place in Charlotte that has currently aired looks to be the Barbecue King Drive-In on Wilkinson.

Not according to Food Network's website. I don't think any episode with his most recent visits has aired yet. Here is a list of all of the places he went along with the episode number and title: http://www.foodnetwo...ives/index.html

The only place in Charlotte that has currently aired looks to be the Barbecue King Drive-In on Wilkinson.

When I did the search the info I got was from the Food Network website too, but it did mention The Penguin and the address.

I remember seeing the Barbecue King episode about 2 years ago when it aired.

He went to the Landmark, South 21 and a place in Mint Hill whose name escapes me a couple weeks ago

Not according to Food Network's website. I don't think any episode with his most recent visits has aired yet. Here is a list of all of the places he went along with the episode number and title: http://www.foodnetwo...ives/index.html

Unfortunately he tends to mix places in each episode, so his visits will likely be spread out among multiple episodes. The only place in Charlotte that has currently aired looks to be the Barbecue King Drive-In on Wilkinson.

I met one of the co-owners last time I ate at the Penguin, I believe they were going to call the new place Pinkys....

For those that missed the episode. South 21. Wasn't there a journalist looking for something to write about as far as Charlotte's history is concerned? Write about 21.