Football season is approaching!

KCghettoboi

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL sucks.

Some people like the parrity but I do not.

Pretty much any team can win the title year in and out because the talent is so diluted. Unfortunately it doesn't break down to who plays the best, but which team gets less injured.

anyway, until New England starts losing, logic says they'll win it again.

I've got a ticket on the hometeam dolphins.

Guest donaltopablo

I love the NFL. Their strict salary cap ensures that every team has a pretty good shot at going to the Super Bowl (except the Cardinals and Chargers, lol). By far the more interesting and competitive play anywhere.

Also Brickell - my thoughts on the inqury. That should be a key part of choosing your players, those that are less likely to get injured. Not have a team full of stars that when one gets hurt, you've got another star in reserve. Come on, that's crazy.

I'd much rather see a sport where teams play on a equal playing field in terms of the money they spend and the quality of their talent, then baseball where the Yankee can spend 180 million and still be hunting for more players (and not even have the best record in baseball I might add, lol)

IMHO NFL is the best sport going today, followed by College FB, then College BB.

I love the NFL. Their strict salary cap ensures that every team has a pretty good shot at going to the Super Bowl (except the Cardinals and Chargers, lol). By far the more interesting and competitive play anywhere.

Also Brickell - my thoughts on the inqury. That should be a key part of choosing your players, those that are less likely to get injured. Not have a team full of stars that when one gets hurt, you've got another star in reserve. Come on, that's crazy.

I can see your point of view but I just don't agree with it. I'm not against the salary cap just not such a strict one. The thing I hate most is seeing teams that have to cut great players because they can't afford to keep them anymore. If you have the good fortune to draft a bunch of hall of famers one year, you'll be out of luck in 3 because their salaries will be too high to keep all of them. Also, the strict salary cap forces teams to have faults. Most teams can't afford to have a good defense and a good offense. Therefore we get flawed teams playing more flawed teams. What fun is that? I want to see great teams play each other. I also like the idea of building team over time, watching the players mature and be able to hold together a great team for a while. What's the fun of being in the super bowl one year and then going 8-10 the other?

On the injuries...

In todays games, players are so fast and strong that injuries are just a part of the game. They can happen to any player at any time. Human bodies were just not created to endure that kind of punishment. They happen to every team.

My Superbowl predictions: Kansas City Cheifs & Philidelphia Eagles. This will only happen if our defense has greatly improved, other than that our #1 Offense should get us the rest of the way. But I don't think KC's 2 rivals will get very far this year( Oakland Raiders & Denver Broncos)...or maybe I'm a little biased...

Guest donaltopablo

I can see your point of view but I just don't agree with it.  I'm not against the salary cap just not such a strict one.  The thing I hate most is seeing teams that have to cut great players because they can't afford to keep them anymore.  If you have the good fortune to draft a bunch of hall of famers one year, you'll be out of luck in 3 because their salaries will be too high to keep all of them.  Also, the strict salary cap forces teams to have faults.  Most teams can't afford to have a good defense and a good offense.  Therefore we get flawed teams playing more flawed teams.  What fun is that?  I want to see great teams play each other.  I also like the idea of building team over time, watching the players mature and be able to hold together a great team for a while.  What's the fun of being in the super bowl one year and then going 8-10 the other?
I can understand that. Although I think for the most part that strict salary caps ensure a certain competitive balance, which I enjoy, the fact that many long time veterans find themselves victims of the salary cap, which leaves greats like Emmitt Smith playing for the Cardinals, is definitely one of the biggest disadvantages. No disagreement from me there.

On the injuries...

In todays games, players are so fast and strong that injuries are just a part of the game.  They can happen to any player at any time.  Human bodies were just not created to endure that kind of punishment.  They happen to every team.

There is definitely some truth to this. Most ever player is going to get injured at some point in their career. However, I do believe there is a big difference between an ocassional injury and being injury prone. There are some incrediable stars in the NFL who consistently are available for the majority of every NFL season, veruses those who have injury problems are are consistently missing games. I do believe this part of it is a huge factor in considering playings and part of the game.

But, as is obvious from our discussion, at the end of the day, it's definitely just a matter of personal preference and opinion.

Oh, and I'm picking a amazing come back for the Raiders this year! Well, maybe not, but I'm a fan for life so I gotta go with them. I'm also hoping for some amazing things from the Falcons this year if Vick can stay healthy.

Well, since we have such great players, and one of the greatest coaches along with a former head coach coordinating defense I doubt we will have any trouble. My guess this year is from mid playoffs to superbowl for the Chiefs.

Our defense will need to be able to stop Peyton Manning (And Eli too). And I believe our rivals will have alot of trouble.

We will once again be the top team in the AFC and we will probably go 16-0 this year. Eli Manning will have alot of trouble in Arrowhead since it'd be his first time (if we ever play them there). Of course, even the superstars hate Arrowhead.

I just looked at the stats and the Chiefs have the best offense in our division. And Gunther Cunningham (our new defensive coordinator) used to coach the Titans, which have the best defense in their division (I believe he was defensive coordinator). So that means we will still have the best offense and will now have the best defense in our division (at the least we'd be 2nd)

And according to stats we had the best offense last year (in the entire NFL).

And the team that our def. coordinator came from had the best defense in the NFL last year.

Any team playing at arrowhead will have trouble, it is the hardest statdium to play at if your not the home team. There is no doubt in my mind, that we will get to the play-offs again. I also think there will be a couple more teams this year who will suprise everybody. But the cheifs will be in the top 2-more than I can say for the Royals<they are horrible!...

• 2 weeks later...

according to every magazine I've seen, the Chiefs will go to the 2nd leg of the playoffs. According to one, we will make it to the last leg and lose it.

I have no doubt having the best offense in the NFL (according to ESPN and other stats) and having the best defensive coordinator, we will go to the super bowl. We might not win, but we will go. This is Dick Vermeil's last year and I think he and the players will push themselves hard to go to the Super Bowl.

It'd be awsome if we had gotten C. Griffen from the free agents so that we could have two decent inside linemen. (Ryan Simms and C. Griffen)

well being a die-hard Dolphins fan, I can officially say my NFL football season has ended before it ever began, with Ricky Williams deciding smoking dope is more important that playing ball.

This is probably the beginning of the end for Dave Wannstedt.

That is true! But if Ricky did not feel committed, he should not have stayed because the team would have been worse off that way. If your heart is not in it, then don't play the sport of football. It is a simple as that! Thanks for the years anyway, Ricky!! :)

Archived