Bike Sharing in Greenville

JCT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard that the Greenville and Spartanburg systems are looking to partner so that members of both systems can use the other. Seems like a great partnership opportunity to me. I'm glad that Greenville is getting a system, and I hope other cities in South Carolina can follow suit!

I've heard that the Greenville and Spartanburg systems are looking to partner so that members of both systems can use the other. Seems like a great partnership opportunity to me. I'm glad that Greenville is getting a system, and I hope other cities in South Carolina can follow suit!

It'd be nice if a trail would make it truly feasible to physically join the systems.

• 2 months later...

I like the look of it.

I hope they expand access to this fairly soon. It seems like McBee Station, Heritage Green, Pendleton West, and Stone Avenue would all be logical population centers and/or destinations for expansion.

Wasn't there suppose to be one at Fluor Field? I didn't see it on the map.

I like the look of it.

I hope they expand access to this fairly soon. It seems like McBee Station, Heritage Green, Pendleton West, and Stone Avenue would all be logical population centers and/or destinations for expansion.

Wasn't there suppose to be one at Fluor Field? I didn't see it on the map.

As I recall, the Fluor Field station is on the list for possible expansion.

Slightly off-topic, but I like the illustration that this picture offers into the impact of Greenville's trail system. The picture was shared by GreenvilleDailyPhoto.com, and speaks to the larger cycling revolution we've watched transpire:

DSC00879.jpg

Enjoy this view while you can.  By the end of the year, the trail should cross under River St.

A friend and I checked out the B-cycle program today. They're free until the 8th I believe. 

We checked our bikes out at the Transit Center station at Richardson St and McBee Ave. After we got our bikes, only one remained at the station. We rode around a little bit before ultimately reaching the West End and checking them back in at the Rhett & River Street station. 

Overall, it was a great experience! 

8624739685_27e3e47582_c.jpg

While I was downtown today, I noticed that two of the bike share stations were completely out of bikes. The City Hall and Transit Center locations were all checked out. The College & Main station had only a few remaining. It's great to see people out testing the new system and putting it to good use! 

8645705981_f86957c13a_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I received this email from SouthRidge mgmt: 

Hughes Development Corporation has partnered with Greenville B-cycle to install a bike station right outside the front door of NEXT Innovation Center.  To all who do not know - this is the building to the right of us!  With nine stations and 45 bikes, Greenville's bike-share program provides community members an active way to get around town at a low cost. Bikes can be checked out using the self-service kiosk at any station and can be returned to any of the nine stations within the system. Program memberships are available for one day, one week or one year. Once a member, all rides under one hour are included at no additional cost. (Rides over an hour will incur extra charges. See kiosk for details.) Greenville B-cycle was launched in March 2013 as a partnership of Upstate Forever and the Greenville Health System. To learn more or join as an annual member, visit GreenvilleBcycle.com

Archived