Another bar/restaurant bites the dust

Situl, behind Park Road Shopping Center, is closing too and apparently forced out with short notice. I know they don't get as much love as some other Indian restaurants in town but I always liked it quite a bit and its hard not to be charmed a little bit by the family run nature of it. They also do some Nepalese food which I doubt is easy to find anywhere else. 

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/28457/after-13-years-situl-indian-restaurant-gets-shown-the-door/

1 minute ago, nonillogical said:

Situl, behind Park Road Shopping Center, is closing too and apparently forced out with short notice. I know they don't get as much love as some other Indian restaurants in town but I always liked it quite a bit and its hard not to be charmed a little bit by the family run nature of it. They also do some Nepalese food which I doubt is easy to find anywhere else. 

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/28457/after-13-years-situl-indian-restaurant-gets-shown-the-door/

They are looking for another space, but IMO need a good tenant rep broker STAT 

Edited by Crown

On 12/9/2015 at 11:22 AM, nonillogical said:

Any idea what the prop mgmt has planned for that back area?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Yeah it was a cheap knock off (so I have learned) so not surprised, or sad, to see it go. 

Truth, I still feel bad though. The Aussie that ran them both was a great guy who I think just didn't understand grassroots business. Lessons learned, eh?

Edited by SgtCampsalot

Yeah for one, don't use another cities skyline in your Charlotte bars logo. 

Also, I've heard Chicken Salad Chick in overstreet is on its way out. I know a lot of businesses really thrive in overstreet and this was just not a good fit, but I hope this ushers a wave of less in overstreet more in the actual street

6 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Also, I've heard Chicken Salad Chick in overstreet is on its way out. I know a lot of businesses really thrive in overstreet and this was just not a good fit, but I hope this ushers a wave of less in overstreet more in the actual street

Yea. Gotta love the Jersey City Skyline in a horribly designed logo *eye roll*

On 3/1/2016 at 10:22 AM, Jayvee said:

That place is a strange concept and the lunch rush is majority men and I rarely, if ever, see guys in line to eat there (probably due to the branding). Chick-fil-a's line is usually so long at the lunch rush that it blocks the front of Chicken Salad Chick. It seems like they don't have many dedicated fans and have only gotten business from people who are desperate and the other lines are too long.

Edited by CLT2014

1 hour ago, CLT2014 said:

That place is a strange concept and the lunch rush is majority men and I rarely, if ever, see guys in line to eat there (probably due to the branding). Chick-fil-a's line is usually so long at the lunch rush that it blocks the front of Chicken Salad Chick. It seems like they don't have many dedicated fans and have only gotten business from people who are desperate and the other lines are too long.

Count me among them. I only go if I'm in a super hurry and other lines are too long. I don't think it'll last much longer. 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Crown said:

FFS can a decent restaurateur take this space and turn it into something great? 

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/03/31/has-this-restaurant-closed-in-charlottes-south-end.html

This is just a step by Edens for the atherton development. I HIGHLY doubt anything will replace this. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

That emergency electrical repairs sign has been up for a couple of weeks. We took a notion to try lunch there a couple of Saturdays ago and they were closed with that sign. 

I always thought that retail space was underutilized. Thought that when it was Icehouse. Thought that when it was bonz. It had GREAT parking, but the parking lot-facing-patio does leave much to be desired. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like 131 Main on East Blvd has closed, there is an Available sign up on the corner. I don't know if the seemingly bi-annual fire or car crash in the building is a factor or if business just wasn't that good. I live a few blocks away and never went in 4 years, just never seemed like an exciting menu. East Blvd is HOT for restaurants right now though, and none of them seem to be slowing down, so I think something better will move in! 

20 hours ago, Prodev said:

Business was okay, but parking and the constant issues with fires was what made them close. They're opening in South Park and they believe they'll still keep their current customers plus pick up a lot of new ones by moving. 

Where in SouthPark? One of the Capital Towers retail spots?

The one spot is pretty big but has not been built out at all inside. Outside has been finished for a while but they may be waiting until tenants start filling out the tower before starting the inside.