Another bar/restaurant bites the dust

• 4 weeks later...

10 hours ago, Desert Power said:

Davidson Street Public House is down for the count

Hey that reminds me....what's the story on the old pizza place on the corner of 36th and N Davidson?  Why is nothing in there?  Too big to sustain anything?  Structure issues?  Greedy owners?  Other?     Is there anything in the works for that building?

8 minutes ago, grodney said:

Hey that reminds me....what's the story on the old pizza place on the corner of 36th and N Davidson?  Why is nothing in there?  Too big to sustain anything?  Structure issues?  Greedy owners?  Other?     Is there anything in the works for that building?

Moo & Brew was supposed to go in there late last year, never happened. I think its part of an assemblage that'll eventually possibly redevelop a good portion of that block.

RIP the Liberty.

image.png.e995bfe1dc8fc11cf5b51370fc08a37d.png

FYI, I've heard that entire area will be razed for a new development, guess we will see if it happens or not.

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

RIP the Liberty.

image.png.e995bfe1dc8fc11cf5b51370fc08a37d.png

FYI, I've heard that entire area will be razed for a new development, guess we will see if it happens or not.

Hmmmmm.... Very interesting. While that area (Tupelo Honey, The Liberty, etc.) can be a cluster to get in and out of and would be a great site for a mixed use development, I will hate to lose all those business in there.  At least there is a lot of retail coming online in South End where they can relocate to.  I would also assume the church would stay.  

35 minutes ago, pgsinger said:

The South Charlotte location is a lot closer to his home in South CLT too, and then Lumiere is his baby so it makes sense that he decided to close the location 15 miles from his house and family if he is feeling overwhelmed, which is understandable given the circumstances. Very sad. 

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, KJHburg said:

In regards to redevelopment of the Liberty and that area what about the church there? or are we talking behind the church and Liberty restaurant site? 

bingo, and I think its happening. Everything but the church and the Tupelo building. I smell it in the air.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the main owners of Sushi Akor is in a web of lawsuits and drama, some of which come from his involvement in Pure Body Fitness that was at Atherton Mill. 

http://www.ncbusinesscourt.net/opinions/2017_NCBC_96.pdf

"Crnalic contends without detail that, at a meeting on August 15, 2016, von Jess made “a host of allegations” about Crnalic, the content of which is not alleged, and threw two folders before Crnalic, one labeled “The Easy Way” and one labeled “The Hard Way.” The Easy Way folder contained resignation documents, and the Hard Way Folder contained documents for a lawsuit against Crnalic."

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mgelbach said:

I know it's not the most popular of bars, but Stache House in southend is either closed or shutdown. Can't say I'll miss it. 

I have lived in Dilworth for 18 years and I have only visited something in that row once during that time (I watched the Heels beat Illinois for the 2005 national  championship at Jack Mason's).

Edited by kermit