Another bar/restaurant bites the dust

1 hour ago, kermit said:

Levant (under the Mint uptown) was gone today. Discovered this after I made a long scooter trip because I had a strong craving for potatoes harra. Bummer (I have found better middle Eastern but not better potatoes harra)

I seriously miss the golden age of Kabob Grill.

I think I've seen three people on their patio in the last 12 months. 

Edited by CLT2014

1 hour ago, kermit said:

Levant (under the Mint uptown) was gone today. Discovered this after I made a long scooter trip because I had a strong craving for potatoes harra. Bummer (I have found better middle Eastern but not better potatoes harra)

Did someone on UP just admit to riding the scooters? 

7 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

Did someone on UP just admit to riding the scooters? 

proud 50+ scooter bro here....

Ironically, my hh has three cars, but all three have manged to stop running at the same time. Cars suck.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Per the Agenda Kickstand Burgers in Plaza Midwood is a goner.    On a similar thread, I'm surprised Pint Central has hung on as long as it has. If there was a restaurant death pool, it would be my next bet.  

Edited by Crown

Ink and Ivy health rating bit the dust not closing the restaurant but make your own judgement.  Bro, clean up the kitchen and your ways!  Until then I must avoid like I am doing already.  

https://public.cdpehs.com/NCENVPBL/INSPECTION_VIOLATION/ShowVIOLATIONTable.aspx?INSPECTION=3369158&ESTABLISHMENT=180788&esttst_cty=60

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Ink and Ivy health rating bit the dust not closing the restaurant but make your own judgement.  Bro, clean up the kitchen and your ways!  Until then I must avoid like I am doing already.  

https://public.cdpehs.com/NCENVPBL/INSPECTION_VIOLATION/ShowVIOLATIONTable.aspx?INSPECTION=3369158&ESTABLISHMENT=180788&esttst_cty=60

Not sure why people would eat there anyway (at least at night).  Music is loud, people are flirting and getting each others’ phone numbers, meanwhile you have people chomping on chicken wings at the table next to the bar.  Saw this happen and thought it was so odd.  I feel like it’s more of a bar than a restaurant but to each their own.  

13 minutes ago, Temeteron said:

Not sure why people would eat there anyway (at least at night).  Music is loud, people are flirting and getting each others’ phone numbers, meanwhile you have people chomping on chicken wings at the table next to the bar.  Saw this happen and thought it was so odd.  I feel like it’s more of a bar than a restaurant but to each their own.  

I currently work in view of Ink'n'Ivy, and I swear every time it pops up in conversation people RAVE about it. Doesn't matter who it is, what demographic; affluent looking middle aged people, college-looking kids, starched people, casual people... I don't understand it #stickinthemud

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I currently work in view of Ink'n'Ivy, and I swear every time it pops up in conversation people RAVE about it. Doesn't matter who it is, what demographic; affluent looking middle aged people, college-looking kids, starched people, casual people... I don't understand it #stickinthemud

Yes, it is a popular spot and they have good music on the weekends. It’s def a better and more trendy sports bar than your typical boring mediocre Carolina ale, cedar tavern etc, but doesn’t mean their food is good ;)

Edited by Temeteron
  • Haha 1

The place stinks if you're not a 30 something or younger. Hate it. 

I don't get the beer comment. When I went (and quickly left) I saw a really poor NC bro selection. It's like Carolina ale House. A faux pub for those who want to be seen and drink cheap booze. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, elrodvt said:

When I went (and quickly left) I saw a really poor NC bro selection. It's like Carolina ale House. A faux pub for those who want to be seen and drink cheap booze. 

Ink & Ivy?  They have one of the BEST NC bro selections!

Edited by grodney
  • Haha 2

Hah, yeah. Commas can be priceless but they have always confused me.  Grammer classes in high school were in a mobile home with poor AC. I think I slept through every one. :-).  

VA schools were fun for the race riots and beat each other with chains day or dealer day. Not much on education though. College CS curriculum didn't need much punctuation.

Edited by elrodvt

On 1/10/2019 at 11:22 AM, Crown said:

Per the Agenda Kickstand Burgers in Plaza Midwood is a goner.    On a similar thread, I'm surprised Pint Central has hung on as long as it has. If there was a restaurant death pool, it would be my next bet.  

On 1/10/2019 at 10:14 PM, KJHburg said:

Really sad about this one. They had $2.50 drafts during the football off-season and had a fun trivia environment.

Ah well, at least there are other options around town.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 10:34 AM, Temeteron said:

I went there with some people who could not be persuaded otherwise (all over 40, from up north, one of whom is a member of the clergy - very un -brolike)... it wasn't bad before 9, kind of loud because of the t.v.'s. That lamb, though.....the lamb pops were OUTSTANDING.  If they clean up their act, I would definitely go back for more of the those things. Probably to go, though.

1 hour ago, lit said:

I went to get a burrito on Monday at Moe’s at the corner of Carmel and 51... CLOSED!!!

Mondays will never be the same.

That closed a few months ago. That complex has a hard time keeping tenants (the ice cream place just closed as well).  Piss poor design as you cant turn north on Carmel or left on 51 out of the place.  I specifically avoid it because I live north up Carmel and its too much of a PITA to get home.   Unless there is something you can't get on every block (like the Fishbone) its hard to justify the aggravation.  

That said, I have no idea how the Moes in Sharon Corners still stays open.  I never see anyone in there. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 2:37 PM, kermit said:

Levant was owned by the same family as Kabob Grill.  Both of those places were extremely overpriced!  There are amazing Lebanese/Middle Eastern/Palestinian places in other parts of town that have even better food and much better prices.  I highly recommend Pita Kabab (Matthews area), Kabab Je (Matthews location & Ballantyne location), Zeitouni Mediterranean Grill (Ballantyne) and La Shish (Sharon Amity).   

Edited by Temeteron
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...