Another bar/restaurant bites the dust

10 minutes ago, kermit said:

CBJ reports that Siggys shutdown yesterday.

I always meant to go but never did... sounded too much like New York pricing to survive in Belmont.

Holy hell, that didn’t last long. Damn that sucks, that place was delish but yeah, pricing was insane. Wonder how Sweet Lews BBQ is doing there. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, abttown said:

I had Father's Day lunch there today.  Maybe it is another location you're thinking of?

Very sorry, I forgot that it is on the greenway side. I was inside the metropolitan and saw a space available sign and empty storefront beneath the HT sign (beside the Teriyaki place)

Edited by kermit

Wahlburgers as reported earlier in the year has bite the dust and now being replaced by a local eatery in south Charlotte.

""A south Charlotte development will add an Asian fusion concept to its restaurant lineup, while an existing tenant is expanding into space once designated for a Wahlburgers restaurant.  Red Sake has signed a lease to take over a 3,558-square-foot space that Hawthorne's NY Pizza & Bar will vacate at The Village at Robinson Farm once it moves into a 5,970-square-foot standalone building that had been pegged for Wahlburgers, the Boston-based burger restaurant and bar that was originally launched by Mark, Donnie and Paul Wahlberg. The Village at Robinson Farm is located on Rea Road, just south of Ballantyne Commons Parkway.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/07/02/heres-what-will-open-in-place-of-wahlburgers-in.html

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, grodney said:

Vine American Kitchen in Ballantyne (prettymuch across 521/Johnston from the hotel) has closed.  They opened in late 2012

Held on way longer than I thought it would. Wasn't there like 2 or 3 failed concepts here before Vine landed? I remember this being a bit of a revolving door 

jnBeCh0.jpg?1

1 hour ago, Crown said:

Held on way longer than I thought it would. Wasn't there like 2 or 3 failed concepts here before Vine landed? I remember this being a bit of a revolving door 

jnBeCh0.jpg?1

Yep. It was a couple of other concepts. Honestly surprised Vine stayed open as long as they did. It was a nice place but I believe the location in the Corporate Park made it difficult to compete with Firebirds @ Stonecrest or 131 Main @ Blakeney. 

7 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Whatever was in that spot 15 years ago was elegant, with a large and high end piano bar, many booths and the word was it was the pick-up spot for the Ballantyne adult(ery)

I want to say it was something like "Johnny B's" or "Frankie's" 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crown said:

This page says it was "City Range" and also "Adams at Ballantyne".....if I'm reading that right.  City Range rings a bell.

8 minutes ago, grodney said:

This page says it was "City Range" and also "Adams at Ballantyne".....if I'm reading that right.  City Range rings a bell.

That's it! Forgot about City Range.

I think it originally opened as Adams. Knew it was a person's name....