Another bar/restaurant bites the dust

On 11/9/2019 at 9:04 AM, turbocraig said:

This was shocking to me.  Anytime we went (and granted, it was typically for weekend brunch) there would be an hour + wait.  That’s a real loss.  They had incredible food.  Cafe Monte, here we come. 

I think brunch was really their only busy time. Went once for dinner and it was dead. Plus the atmosphere was awful for dinner. Felt like you were eating in a hospital cafeteria. 

That’s a lot more tolerable for breakfast. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Per their Facebook they were closed 12/8-12/11 for the holidays.

It was closed on Sunday last weekend in FreeMore because I was going to go to that one with friends and ended up at the Huntersville location which was open but closing early due to holiday party. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Never been but it has been there a long time.  with the vacant H&R Block next door is their a redevelopment possibility?

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/its-an-institution-dilworth-staple-arts-bbq-deli-set-close/MEHVVVUXBRAS7LFGCFFP27UXM4/

The Duke Endowment has gobbled the property.

After 20 years in business, the Uptown Brixx is closing:

“Unfortunately, we’ve reached the end of our lease and have decided not to renew at our location on E. 6th St. in Charlotte. We are actively seeking a new Uptown home to continue to serve the professionals, travelers, families, Charlotte sports fans and all of our own fiercely loyal, fun fans who spend time in Center City,” said the email, which was sent Saturday night.

• Sad 4

sad to report another closing long time anchor of Huntersville and points north Mickey and Mooch is closing soon.  Just the Huntersville one right now.  

https://herald.lakenormanpublications.com/articles/longtime-huntersville-steakhouse-to-close-at-end-of-2019/

I do have a theory on these restaurant closings.

As lease renewals come up the rent goes way up,  Food and labor costs already up they just give up.  I know it is very hard business to be with lots of turnover.  

• Like 1

Per Instagram, Max and Lola's is officially open again under new ownership.  They did away with the CBD, added better menu options, and added craft cocktails.  

Probably all around a better business model for this location.  

Interested to see if I can still get a $4.00 craft pint can, which is really what kept me coming back.  Or if they've improved their draft beer selection.

2 hours ago, CTiger said:

Per Instagram, Max and Lola's is officially open again under new ownership.  They did away with the CBD, added better menu options, and added craft cocktails.  

Interested to see if I can still get a $4.00 craft pint can, which is really what kept me coming back.  Or if they've improved their draft beer selection.

It's interesting they are now named after the former owner's dogs. 

4 hours ago, CTiger said:

Wow, I didn't know it had already closed.  They've only been open for about a year, right?  Wonder what happened there.  

• 2 weeks later...