Another bar/restaurant bites the dust

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jt282506 said:

Queen City Q uptown has closed for good. Sad. 

That does bum me out. It was one of the few places where I thought their sauce agnosticism was a positive and  not a negative.

Having said that, they slid a bit when they changed ownership and did that remodel several years ago.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/charlottefive/c5-around-town/c5-development/article243267861.html#storylink=bignews_related

I would love to see 7th street market expand though. Place always does well and is basically the only dining spots close to 1st ward park. A larger food hall is always good and could be a mini optimist hall type environment.  

After city smoke closed there really isn’t any bbq uptown. Closest thing I would say is maybe roosters but that’s a stretch. Wouldn’t mind seeing Midwood smokehouse or something entering the uptown market (although there is one on central). 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

^ I had tried to get Stephen Spoon to put an outpost of Bill Spoon’s in Southend (with beer) about 10 years ago. Unfortunately he wasn’t interested at the time due to RE costs. A slot at the market would be just right for the hours he likes to keep and I think he would do really well with a bunch of bankers, plus he could have someone else handle the beer for him.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, navigator319 said:

I’m not a fan of any of the bbq in our close in neighborhoods. I go get my fixin up at Lancasters which is only 15 minutes from Uptown straight shot not a single turn until their parking once you on W. Trade.

Can you tell me the name?  Thanks,

I’m so saddened to have to break it that Carpe Diem will not be reopening.  It’s always been one of my favorites in town.  Earl’s will reopen as more of a high end grocer exclusively with no grill, espresso, or inside seating, but with some take away pre-made meals.   They’ll be selling some of CD’s old menu items as pre-made take out as well.  What a bummer.  :tw_sleepy:

• Sad 7

13 hours ago, turbocraig said:

I’m so saddened to have to break it that Carpe Diem will not be reopening.  It’s always been one of my favorites in town.  Earl’s will reopen as more of a high end grocer exclusively with no grill, espresso, or inside seating, but with some take away pre-made meals.   They’ll be selling some of CD’s old menu items as pre-made take out as well.  What a bummer.  :tw_sleepy:

Wow.  Thats a huge loss.  CD was easily one of my favorites in Charlotte and was a go-to date night location for the wife and I.

• Like 1

* Lang Van is still going *

But it was struggling and its a nice story about Charlotte and social media doing good (someone posted that they were struggling on Thursday).  I hope this can continue until we are back to normal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kermit said:

* Lang Van is still going *

But it was struggling and its a nice story about Charlotte and social media doing good (someone posted that they were struggling on Thursday).  I hope this can continue until we are back to normal. 

Yes!!!  As soon as we saw that post yesterday we ordered lunch for four.   Her personal story is one of the most uplifting I’ve ever heard.  Good for them.  They deserve it.  The GFM is now up to almost $30K.  

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/charlottefive/article243667302.html

• Like 2