Another bar/restaurant bites the dust

• 1 month later...

Apparently Caribou is closing 9 of their Charlotte-area locations. Sounds like their Uptown stores, Dilworth and Foxcroft are the only ones that will remain open. (though I am hearing mixed report on Dilworth, I can't fathom that store wouldn't stay open)

Apparently Caribou is closing 9 of their Charlotte-area locations. Sounds like their Uptown stores, Dilworth and Foxcroft are the only ones that will remain open. (though I am hearing mixed report on Dilworth, I can't fathom that store wouldn't stay open)

CBJ is reporting that the Dilworth location will close on Sunday (based on a note on the door). They do mention the possibility of re branding and reopening as Pete's Coffee.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2013/04/08/dilworth-caribou-coffee-shop-among.html?ana=e_du_pub&s=article_du&ed=2013-04-08&u=jDmEk+CKbYnAvaVfOFOlFGXcGSC

Bizarre choice, I never could find a seat in there.

Edited by kermit

^Actually, it's "Peet's" not "Pete's" :) I spent a lot of time working in San Francisco a few years back and Peet's Coffee shops were on street corners like Starbucks are here. To me their coffee is way better than most of the coffee chains out there... Actually has more of a kick if you're into that sort of thing. I was never a big fan of Caribou's coffee but enjoyed their breakfast sandwiches. If we're losing Caribou and gaining Peet's, it's not a bad tradoff IMO. Especially from a coffee standpoint.

I happened to go in to the Dilworth location today and they confirmed they are closing and just found out themselves. They assumed that another coffee shop would be taking their place though. Park Rd. is 1 of the 3 that will remain.

It's a shame, Caribou is my favorite of the coffee chains. 

An update in the Observer today said more than 3 would remain open in Charlotte. I can't remember how many it said, but the story did acknowledge the stores had posted the original number of 3.

• 3 weeks later...

An update in the Observer today said more than 3 would remain open in Charlotte. I can't remember how many it said, but the story did acknowledge the stores had posted the original number of 3.

I can't help but think the evil overlords at CMC have some responsibility for the East Blvd location not staying open.  Their ever-pressing goal of destroying Dilworth marches on...

I can't help but think the evil overlords at CMC have some responsibility for the East Blvd location not staying open.  Their ever-pressing goal of destroying Dilworth marches on...

And, that's a shame. That's a great neighborhood and part of what makes Charlotte...Charlotte.

• 2 weeks later...

Al's Pizza in Park Towne Village is closing to be replaced by Libretto's. Tavern on Park previously was in this space. Hopefully someone can make things work here.

My question is why do people keep calling Park Towne Village part of Myers Park? I've seen it referred to that in both CharlotteRestaurantTraffic and the CO.

Al's Pizza in Park Towne Village is closing to be replaced by Libretto's. Tavern on Park previously was in this space. Hopefully someone can make things work here.

This will be the 3rd pizzeria there in the past 7 years...It used to be Bertucci's before it was Al's.  Do people not eat pizza in Charlotte?? geez....Luigi's ended up closing on East Blvd. I feel like South Charlotte and North Charlotte have a lot more demand and variety of pizzerias than Dilworth/Uptown/South Park.  Never could understand why.

Pizza Peel is planning a new location at Central and Thomas, where Kelly Tires is currently.

That's huge news, my wife and I Always thought Kellys was out of place! Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Aquavina at The Green is now closed.

Not a surprise to me. I never enjoyed it. I always felt like I got ripped off the couple times I tried it, despite the occasional good reviews that I had heard from friends. For me, it will not be missed. I'd love to see Upstream open up a second location here. That is what I think Aquavina was going for, but never achieved.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...