Inside NASCAR coming in February

HopHead

Showtime has announced that it will start a weekly program called "Inside Nascar" on their network this coming February. It will be similar to the Inside the NFL that the cable network has picked up, which is a widely popular. It will be filmed each week at the new NASCAR Hall of Fame in uptown Charlotte. Could potentially be some good exposure for the city...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/sports/autoracing/08nascar.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showtime has announced that it will start a weekly program called "Inside Nascar" on their network this coming February. It will be similar to the Inside the NFL that the cable network has picked up, which is a widely popular. It will be filmed each week at the new NASCAR Hall of Fame in uptown Charlotte. Could potentially be some good exposure for the city...

http://www.nytimes.c...g/08nascar.html

The problem I find with Showtime is that they don't receive as many viewers since they're a premium channel. I think that the SPEED Channel or Spike would've been a been a better network to get more viewers.

I don't have Showtime so I can't watch it and I've never been a NASCAR fan anyway, but this could really expose Charlotte even more and with NASCAR Hall of Fame and the Intimidator opening next year it seems like 2010 will be the year Charlotte officially becomes NASCAR capital of the country and fans can really celebrate.

Charlotte might get some good exposure in this if they venture outside the Hall of Fame and show off the city a little bit (which I guess they would/should).

Miami does get showcased quite a bit in Dexter, although I'm not sure I want to venture down there anymore...:o Lithgow is quite a creepy character, but sometimes it is hard to take him seriously when I think back to 3rd Rock From the Sun.

Archived