Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lib

The 3/50 Project

The 3/50 project is a really great idea I learned about a few months ago. If you have a minute, check out their site. http://www.the350project.net/home.html

The basic premise is keeping your local businesses in business. And they've come up with a really practical way for people to take action. First, you choose three independent local businesses that you'd miss if they ever disappeared, then commit to spend $50 each month between these stores to keep them in business. I think it's a great reminder that the stores we love might not be around forever unless we're actively supporting them. I wanted to hear which three Greenville businesses would be on your essentials list.

It's pretty hard to narrow this down to just three, but here are mine:

Coffee Underground

Wilson's 5 and 10 (this is independently owned, correct?)

Lazy Goat

The 3/50 project is a really great idea I learned about a few months ago. If you have a minute, check out their site. http://www.the350project.net/home.html

The basic premise is keeping your local businesses in business. And they've come up with a really practical way for people to take action. First, you choose three independent local businesses that you'd miss if they ever disappeared, then commit to spend $50 each month between these stores to keep them in business. I think it's a great reminder that the stores we love might not be around forever unless we're actively supporting them. I wanted to hear which three Greenville businesses would be on your essentials list.

It's pretty hard to narrow this down to just three, but here are mine:

Coffee Underground

Wilson's 5 and 10 (this is independently owned, correct?)

Lazy Goat

Wilson's has 4 local stores, they are locally owned by the Stoddard family, but if I remember correct it is a franchise. The 4 stores are Lauren's Rd., South St. in Simpsonville, Old Spartanburg in Taylors and Cedar Lane Hwy in Berea.

One thing about these buy local programs is people forget often that a lot of the chains are franchised and locally owned and they deserve support just like local original businesses.