Cherrydale & Travelers Rest

penney

Mojo's is really bland, fresh, but bland. Five Guys is decent, but they don't melt the cheese or toast the buns; major no-no's. Plus FG's is ridiculously expensive.

Some people don't like their cheese melted or buns toasted... :whistling:

Psssst... Sonrise, if you're still looking for a good franchise opportunity, check out ... currently, the one and only is on Savannah Hwy. in West Ashley in Chucktown. They will give Zaxby's and Raising Cane's a run for their money.

Some people don't like their cheese melted or buns toasted... :whistling:

Psssst... Sonrise, if you're still looking for a good franchise opportunity, check out http://www.hubeeds.com/ ... currently, the one and only is on Savannah Hwy. in West Ashley in Chucktown. They will give Zaxby's and Raising Cane's a run for their money.

Hamburger heresy, I say. lol

That place looks really good, but franchising after one location, really? Lemme see how they do for a few years, but it does look good, is it your place?

Hamburger heresy, I say. lol

That place looks really good, but franchising after one location, really? Lemme see how they do for a few years, but it does look good, is it your place?

No - it's not my place. I dropped in there for lunch one weekend after taking my daughter to pick up a new violin and I was instantly hooked (I've been back twice since). The food is awesome. I had incorrectly assumed that it was part of a much larger chain until I came home and looked up their web site and found that this was the only location.

• 1 month later...

I'm very excited to have a new online news source in Travelers Rest at TRTribune.com. It is managed by James Richardson, a TR resident, and is updated with fresh information daily. I heard 3 patrol cars race by my office earlier this morning and was able to read all about the details within 2 hours! This is a big change from having to wait on the weekly paper!

I'm very excited to have a new online news source in Travelers Rest at TRTribune.com. It is managed by James Richardson, a TR resident, and is updated with fresh information daily. I heard 3 patrol cars race by my office earlier this morning and was able to read all about the details within 2 hours! This is a big change from having to wait on the weekly paper!

That's faster than the Greenville News would have reported it! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I understand there is work going on in the old Rite AId building next to Stax's Original at Poinsett Highway and Pleasantburg. Does anyone know what it will be? Thanks in advance.

bleh, if it's anything like what happened to the other on Stone Ave it's gonna be a Rite Aid / Save-a-lot, but I don't know for sure.

bleh, if it's anything like what happened to the other on Stone Ave it's gonna be a Rite Aid / Save-a-lot, but I don't know for sure.

That store has been closed for quite a while. The RA/Sav-a-lot stores that were remodeled were Rite-Aids, not closed. There are 10 "test" stores in the Greenville area. They have only been open for about 3 months so I don't expect they would already be expanding but I guess they could.

• 4 months later...

Anyone know the status on the proposed Target on Poinsett across from Publix from a couple of years ago? I saw recently they were starting new stores in Knoxville and Myrtle Beach so it looks like they are in expansion mode again after riding out the economy. Would be nice to get this shopping center going with Target and maybe a Kohls and Best Buy. It is time for more stores and restaurants in the Cherrydale-TR area.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bryant and Lell's Tire Shop just south of The Forest Coffeeshop went on the market yesterday. It may become another auto shop of some kind, but with its great positioning on the trail, I believe it could be destined for something cool. Any ideas?

Upcountry Provisions hopes to open in their temporary location this month. They are right behind All About Me on State Park Road. It is a local Bakery and Bistro. I've sampled some of their goods already, and can't wait for them to open.

• 3 months later...

Greetings all, I just wanted to update you on some of the growth in Travelers Rest from the last month.

1. Upcountry Provisions Bakery and Bistro (www.UpcountryProvisions.com) is now open. It is just off Main Street on State Park Road. Amazing freshly baked breads, pastries, sandwiches, pizzas, and more. A great addition to the community.
  2. Chef Giovanni's 24 Main (http://chefgiovannis24main.com/) is also open. When you step in here you forget you are in Travelers Rest. Everything from salads and sandwiches to steaks and seafood. Very fresh. A great addition to Main Street.
  3. The Baker Bar (www.TheBarkerBar.com) is a small dog friendly pub right off Main Street across from the gazebo. A nice place if you are on the trail to stop for a cold beer, glass of wine, or a chocolate milk or juice for the kiddos...

Be sure to check these out next time you are up this way.