Cherrydale & Travelers Rest

penney

Greetings all, I just wanted to update you on some of the growth in Travelers Rest from the last month.

1. Upcountry Provisions Bakery and Bistro (www.UpcountryProvisions.com) is now open. It is just off Main Street on State Park Road. Amazing freshly baked breads, pastries, sandwiches, pizzas, and more. A great addition to the community.
  2. Chef Giovanni's 24 Main (http://chefgiovannis24main.com/) is also open. When you step in here you forget you are in Travelers Rest. Everything from salads and sandwiches to steaks and seafood. Very fresh. A great addition to Main Street.
  3. The Baker Bar (www.TheBarkerBar.com) is a small dog friendly pub right off Main Street across from the gazebo. A nice place if you are on the trail to stop for a cold beer, glass of wine, or a chocolate milk or juice for the kiddos...

Be sure to check these out next time you are up this way.

TR has really impressed me since their portion of the Swamp Rabbit opened, and they invested pretty heavily in their downtown. I would love to see NEW residential brought to close proximity to the trail and within walking distance to downtown TR. Added foot traffic would go a long way in sustaining this current success.

Greetings all, I just wanted to update you on some of the growth in Travelers Rest from the last month.

1. Upcountry Provisions Bakery and Bistro (www.UpcountryProvisions.com) is now open. It is just off Main Street on State Park Road. Amazing freshly baked breads, pastries, sandwiches, pizzas, and more. A great addition to the community.
  2. Chef Giovanni's 24 Main (http://chefgiovannis24main.com/) is also open. When you step in here you forget you are in Travelers Rest. Everything from salads and sandwiches to steaks and seafood. Very fresh. A great addition to Main Street.
  3. The Baker Bar (www.TheBarkerBar.com) is a small dog friendly pub right off Main Street across from the gazebo. A nice place if you are on the trail to stop for a cold beer, glass of wine, or a chocolate milk or juice for the kiddos...

Be sure to check these out next time you are up this way.

Very Impressive. I will definitely check these out soon. Thanks for sharing.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody know whats going on with the land that's being cleared off of Old Buncombe Rd, beside Hickory Point and across from McDonalds?

Walmart Market(grocery store). Look for several Walmart Markets to spring up in the next year in the Greenville area. Another one is going in behind QT on Wade Hampton.

• 4 months later...

A few updates from beautiful Travelers Rest:

Before the end of the year, Shortfields (a new sports bar) will open at 24 Main, and the Swamp Rabbit Brewery will open right next door. I've spoken with both the owners and believe that they will do well. Shortfields cook participated in a recent Chili cookoff in TR and won first place. The brew master for SRB worked in Asheville for quite a while as a brew master and has also trained in several places around the world, including Germany.

The Whistlestop at the American Café is also under construction, featuring rooftop dining and upstairs/downstairs fireplaces, as well as an order window accessible from the Swamp Rabbit Trail. This is the old "American Café" on 276.

Merrimack Canoe Company is also coming soon to the old Bryant and Lell tire shop. They make custom, high-end canoes. Should fit well with the outdoor types that frequent Travelers Rest.

Tandem Coffee and Crepes coming to the 2 story brick building by Sunrift. No additional details yet on that.

Zaxby's coming to the WalMart area, or so I've heard.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Since it has been a while since updates have been made for the TR thread, I wanted to throw a few in. Some great re-development in Travelers Rest!:

The Greater Travelers Rest Chamber of Commerce now has a physical location, though limited hours at this point. It is to the right of Café at Williams Hardware.

Tandem Coffee and Creperie is now open beside Sunrift and was an instant success. Great food, cozy atmosphere.

TReats is a great smoothie shop right next to the trail, south of the gazebo.

Sunflower is a shop for home décor, 100 yards south of Main and Poinsett.

Travelers Rest Auto Repair is across the street from Sunrift.

The Hub is a yoga and fitness studio, also just south of the gazebo.

Swamp Rabbit Brewery has been wildly successful, already winning national awards. Great place.

The Whistlestop is at the former American Restaurant. Be sure to check out the rooftop dining.

Zaxby's is open next to WalMart.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...